Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Roller Coaster Effect

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Roller Coaster Effect

Two weeks ago I posted my MRI had come back showing no activity. The very next day after getting that good news, my oncologist told us the MRI report SHOWED activity and I was out of options. Talk about up and down. It took my drs about a week and a half to finally decide there is probably no activity but we won't know for sure until the June MRI. Needless to say it has been a rather stressfull two weeks!

But I've always said no one runs my show but God and He is certainly capable of healing me (which is what I'm expecting). I have a Bible verse that keeps running through my head from Psalm 118 "I shall not die but live and proclaim the works of the Lord." I also know that way back when this all started I was pretty sure the Lord had told me I'd be fine. So that's whats happening here.

I'm back in PT and while I would love to knit, it's really hard because it hurts my "still-frozen" shoulder. I'm managing to get a couple of rows done a night on SIL Eileen's scarf but it's slow going.

Anyway, I thought I'd update ya'll on why I haven't posted for so long.

8 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Oh, boy - medicine sure is imperfect, isn't it? Hang in there, Susan.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan great to see you added something today. This must be such a hard time for both you and Jim. We are praying for both of you and think you will be all well again before too long of a time. GOD IS GOOD! AND WE KNOW THAT HE IS. We send our love. Mom and Dad

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hang in there dear friend!! The Great Healer is the one who is in control! With all of the progress in medicine, it is still an imperfect science....wonder if that is why they call it "practicing medicine"? The true miracles come from above and I know you are in God's hands!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is truly the miracle guy. And I agree with Carolyn about the medicine practicing. I'll keep you and Jim in my thoughts.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger anna said...

Susan,
My prayers are withyou too!!! God is the Great Healer...even in "His time"....Just keep your faith...I know it can be hard....but we all must realize God is in control...and TRUST HIM...no matter what!!!!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, bless your heart. I'm so glad that they finally came to a conclusion that there is likely no activity.

Many times I have seen physicians come to the end of their options of what their tools could offer, and yet see a patient survive and thrive through the miracle of the Lord's healing from above.

We should all live every single day to the fullest and I'll pray that you feel the Lord's loving arms around you every moment.

I hope to get to visit soon....I want to visit, knit a stitch or two, and give you a hug!!!

Also, never forget that you have been and continue to be an inspiration to all of us...and we will all rejoice with you when you are healed and healthy. We love *you* and Kim and I always have you in our prayers.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Hang in there...you've got lots of folks pulling for you.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Susan, this is so much to bear. I am in awe of your strength, both mental and physical. I am glad you have such a powerful source of comfort and healing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home