Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Rainy Weather

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rainy Weather

I love rainy weather. Maybe because I lived in Tacoma, WA for so many years. I like to watch it come down, I like to watch the lightening flash, I like to watch the cats jump when leaves hit the window. I just wish it would warm up some so I could go out on the porch and watch it.

It's been relatively quiet around here. The cats can't go out because it's too cold but that doesn't stop Sugar the Hulk from trying to RIP the plastic cover off the pet door. It's not enough she's pounding and clawing on the door but she's yelling the whole time! Good Grief! I think Jim's spoiled her!

I'm finally getting back to knitting. Here is the scarf I've started for my SIL Eileen. It's a chevron stitch from the book "200 Ripple Stitches" and I really like it. I'm making it in Cascade 220, my favorite all purpose wool. I got this far and decided the needle size is too small. I started it on size 9's but am going to rip it out and go to 11's. It's just too dense on the smaller needles.

And as always, I had help in the photographing of this scarf. Sugar is pouting because she was trying to be SO helpful. Just seconds ago she was trying to help me straighten the scarf out by walking on it, playing with the yarn, laying on it, and just in general being a real unhelpful pain.


Otherwise it's been pretty quiet around here. My arm is healed up but now I have a "frozen shoulder." Whatever that is. After next week I'll be back in PT and hopefully able to work on ALL of the malfunctioning body parts. We are just waiting to get through the next MRI to verifiy "no activity" and I can get on with my life.

And the only other thing of minor interest is I'm having a temporary crown replaced on Monday but I won't be out in the world between now and then. The hygentist took it off to clean it on Thursday and now it WON'T GO BACK IN!

BTW, raise your hand if you've heard Trout Fishing in America. I just ran across them and some of their songs are so funny I had to get them! If you know and love them and happen to have the cd Big Trouble, could I borrow it? Where else could you get a copy of the Teddy Bear's Picnic as though a Harley Biker was singing it - beer in one hand, foot up on the rail.

If you haven't heard of them, let me know. I'd be happy to indroduce you to such hits as Pico de Gallo, My Hair Had a Party Last Night, or Nobody Did it, It Did It All By Itself. (yes, yes, I've heard these are suppose to be children's songs but they are HILARIOUS!)

So I'll be looking forward to hearing how guild turned out.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad that your arm is healed! Hooray! : )

Enjoy your knitting. The scarf looks so very nice and cozy.

Sugar sounds like such a personality...keeps you busy keeping up with her. ; )

Have a wonderful week!!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you Sunday, but were relieved to hear it was "just" a dental issue...

Glad you're back to knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home