Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: What a Great Week!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, February 25, 2007

What a Great Week!

My brother Bruce and his wife Wanda came in on Tuesday night from CA. It was just wonderful to see them. I had never met Wanda and hadn't seen Bruce in years. We talked until late almost every evening, got caught up on old times (I was a senior in high school, Bruce was a junior when our parents married), and generally bored Jim and Wanda to pieces.

On Wednesday, Jim and I had to be AT the hospital for my follow-up MRI at 7:15 am so we left Bruce and Wanda sleeping (5:15 am CA time). After the MRI, we saw both my radiology oncologist and my neuro surgeon. The initial report is it looks about the same as the baseline MRI I had back before the Gamma Knife or the areas look slighty smaller. No change or smaller is good. I'm due back for another follow-up in 2 months unless the symptoms come back - which they BETTER not!

So good news there. I'm having to baby my arm more than I expected so I haven't been knitting any. It's really hard not too knit until you try and it hurts. Knitting should not hurt. I've been keeping the sling on more and trying not to use it as much. I still am trying to do 2 laps in the walker around the kitchen, fiber room, living room every day just so I don't lose the ability to walk.

Friday we went to the zoo. Did you know OKC's zoo is one of the top 10 in the nation! Jim and I hadn't been in years so much of what we saw was new to us. The gorilla exhibit was fantastic. We arrived just as they were being fed. It was really a kick to see the biggest ape sit down opposite whoever was sitting next to the window. The gorilla would look over his shoulder to see if the person had noticed him. A couple of the smaller apes would peer in, shading their eyes to see better. We hung out there quite a while just because they were all so entertaining.

Then we discovered the Cat Forest. This was immensely cool! We just happened to be there when the tiger was laying out in the open. Jim took several pictures (it's hard to get a good cat picture with all that wire fence and I couldn't get Jim to scale it so we could get a better picture).

Well I WAS going to put up the pics of the tiger, snow lepard, and lion but blogger has decided I've uploaded enough for the moment.

Blueberry really liked Wanda and Bruce. I'm sure she could sense they were animal lovers. They rescue kittens and cats, socialize them and find them good homes. They also have an African Grey parrot that talks and a pretty little rottweiler. So needless to say, they are truly animal lovers.

Snd Sugar has been super cuddly the last few days. I don't know if the wind makes her nervous or she just feels the need to snuggle but she doesn't go very far away from me right now.


As soon as blogger will let me, I'll put up some other zoo pics. Have a great week.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad your brother and sis in law came to visit. I had heard the OKC zoo was a great one. One of these days I'll have to go. I'm also very glad Jim didn't scale that fence!! Pretty kitty or not! lol

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

It's wonderful that your brother and his wife had such a good visit and that you got to enjoy them after such a long time apart.

Good news about the latest MRI. I'll be praying that everything is *smaller still or totally gone* on the next one.

Keep that arm babied until it heals. You'll be knitting again soon!

The zoo is so nice. I can't wait for Spring to really arrive again and to see the flower garden there. The Lorikeet exhibit where you can feed them nectar is always one of my favorites.

That wind made me all nervous and snuggly, too! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home