Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Yes, There IS Knitting Content

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yes, There IS Knitting Content

The arm is still broken but the x-ray (finally got the report yesterday) shows it's healing. That means I can go back to LIMITED exercise and walking with the walker to build up strength in my leg. Lots of little strange physical things going on. I figure they all have to do with getting off the steroids and healing.

And I did manage to get one more little charity hat done for guild. We had a great turnout last Sunday. The new board has lots of new and exciting projects planned for this year. If you're not coming and you knit, you ought to think about it. Voluntary dues, great programs, fun people and always a good time.

Look what showed up on my doorstep yesterday afternoon:


Isn't this gorgeous! It's a prayer shawl that
Shelly made me. It reminds me a griant purple butterfly. It's smade of Knit Picks Superwash wool. I've already been wearing it. And notice how long the tails are; she made it so you could wrap it around and tie it in the back. I LOVE it! Warm and pretty.

And speaking of pretty, here is our redbud shrub (well it's suppose to be a tree but we haven't gotten around to trimming the branches up on it yet). I love having a redbud (state tree) in the backyard. Now if I could just get a Scissortail (state bird) and a Swallowtail (state butterfly) to come hang out in the backyard, I'd be thrilled.

I love spring before the rains hit. Having breakfast this morning, I thought I saw a SNOWFLAKE ! IMPOSSIBLE! Then I saw a few more swirly white flakes and realized the Bradford Pear blossoms were being blown around the backyard. How fun to have "snowflakes" on a sunny spring morning.

And this is what is looks like almost every morning when it's warm enough to open the cat door to the screened-in porch. All three of the cats line up as though waiting for a train. Rimsky was actually third in line but when he heard the camera turn on, he left.

the girls, however, sit and look at each other as if to say "After you," "No, after you." And what normally happens is they sit and look at each other and at the cat door for awhile then Sugar finally goes out.

A second or two later Blueberry follows and Rimsky shows up about five minutes later.

YES - we DO have a cat door installed in the wall. It's so much simpler just to let them come and go as they want. They can only go into the screened in porch so I'm not worried about them leaving or some other creature coming in.

Thursday my sister Janice, her daughter Celia (the one who stayed with us while I was going thru chemo), and Celia's new baby Cameron are coming out for a visit. I'm so excited! Jan was out in July, I haven't seen Ceilia since last summer and can't WAIT to see Cameron who must be four or five months old. They'll be staying about a week. I've never had to think about baby-proofing a home so this will be quite an experience. I just hope the cats are good.

So that's the latest in this little "Bradford Pear flake" corner of the world.

7 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is beautiful and I know Shelly knitted each stitch with love. She agonized over this shawl wanting you to have it so much.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

The shawl is gorgeous, and just perfect. Wear it as you heal.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, I'm thrilled your arm is starting to heal and I hope for your return to knitting whenever you please soon! : )

The kitties are adorable!!!

I'm so glad you like the shawl. Several of our knitting friends watched the progress and hugged it as it went along and sent all their good wishes and prayers, too! I was thrilled to be able to knit each stitch for you and fill them all with prayers and hugs...from me, Kim, and all our knitting pals. I considered doing one for Jim, too, but thought he might not be as receptive as you. ; ) Just know that we all love you and want you totally well and enjoying every single moment!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shawl. I know that all of Shelly's prayers as she made it will seep into you as you wear it and help heal you.

And a dose of spring can't hurt either!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Yeah on the arm! That was so sweet of Shelly to make the shawl for you too.

I had the same snow thought this morning driving to work watching the petals swirl across the street.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful shawl! I knew she was making it for you :-)!! I'll be excited to see it in person! Can't wait to see you...get ready...I'm sure Mr. Dax will put on quite a show....of course now that I've said that he probably won't do anything...babies do that, you know...make liars out of you, LOL!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Here from Shelly's blog. That shawl is beautiful, and I love the colour!

Love the blurb at the top of your blog too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home