Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And The Good News Is...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, March 02, 2007

And The Good News Is...

The first follow up MRI scan showed no changes (as opposed to activity). And I'll be getting a follow up x-ray on my shoulder in about two weeks to see if the bone is healing (which it BETTER be). So all things considered, God is good and life is good!

I have even started knitting again. It doesn't hurt quite as much - which I'm taking as a sign of healing. So I've finally started SIL Eileen's scarf. I picked a feather and fan variation called traveling vines. It looks pretty good so far.

And here are a couple of pictures from our zoo day. Bruce and Wanda were not so sure they liked being where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. They weren't too hot on no mountains and few trees either. It took me two years to finally realize the clouds on the horizon WERE NOT mountains, so I certainly understand.


And here is the tiger I wanted Jim to climb the fence to get a better picture of it. Very pretty cat. He "barked" a few times (not at Jim, just in general).


And because I have a broken arm but MUST still type on the computer, my great hubby got me a piece of software called Dragon Speak. You actually talk to the computer and it types what you say. I am in the process of going through the tutorials. This is just the coolest program. I remember taking a look at it several years ago but it was really clunky. It 's pretty sleek now. The hardest part is remembering from one screen to the next how to give it commands. Thank goodness for quick start cards!

Hope everyone has a terriffic weekend!

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan; Amen!! God IS good. So nice to see another post from you. I pray you have a Marvelous March!
--In His love,
Tiana

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a native Okie and I don't like this wind! lol That is a neat cat. I wonder if his fur is soft??? lol

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, wonderful pictures! (I'd sure hate to have to clean that cat's litter box...or pay his food bill!)

I'm so glad you are doing well and even knitting again. That is wonderful news and yes, blessings abound!

I've been stuck at home with a bothersome allergy cough, but I should have your package to the post office on Monday. It's all ready to go! : )

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Glad the knitting is going well - I love Feather and Fan. And even more glad the MRI is good!

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so you "typed" this blog entry with the voice-command program? Or are you still learning it and haven't put it to use yet? Either way, very cool, and even more cool about your good health results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home