Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Family Fun

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Family Fun

They came, they beat me at Cribbage (which I hadn't played in YEARS so I don't think it counts to gloat) and we had a wonderful time! If you're hoping for knitting content, there is none. If you want to see really cute baby pictures (AND the baby wearing my fuzzy hats), then you're in luck!

My sister Janice, my niece Celia, and Celia's baby Cameron came and spent a few days with us. It was wonderful! First time I've seen Cameron, though Ceilia's been really good about sending me pictures. Cameron is seven months old (I was telling people he was five months old - duh - am blaming it on the steroids). He is the cutest little guy and he LOVED my fuzzy hats!

We'd put one on him and he'd just LAUGH and not once try to pull it off his head. We had planned to do all seven colors but got sidetracked,

Here he is in the purple. Stylin' for the ladies (meaning Mom and Grandma). I have never seen a little kid like hats so much. You know, this means I'll be knitting him one of his own in a MANLY blue (Fun Fur is on sale this week), and making it just a tad bit smaller.

He was trying to dance but the silly hat was TOO big! It kept slipping down over his eyes. Still didn't cause him to want to take it off.

I think it was his first time on hardwood floors. He's almost crawling and hardwood is so slick he could push with his knees and pull with his elbows and get pretty good pace going. Sugar thought he was extremely interesting. She followed him around at a safe distance though the whole visit (sorry no pics - just forgot).

And here we all are: Celia, me, Jan, and Cameron. First time I got to hold him. You can see Jan has her hand on his leg. I was really concerned I'd drop him (broken arm syndome) but so pleased to get to hold him even for a few minutes.

And here's Sugar after the visit. Keeping track of that baby just WORE HER OUT! Well, blogger is not letting me put up any more pics so will put it up next time I post.

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless little Sugar's heart. It's a tough life being a cat. ;-)

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What wonderful pictures! He's a CUTIE!

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful family visit.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

He is just a doll baby!!! Sooo cute! Sounds like you all had a great time!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

What a cutie! And he clearly appreciates fine headwear!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a kid person and that's adorable!

Glad you had a good visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home