Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Quick Update

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Quick Update

This is a short update from Jim (Susan's husband) to let everyone know how Susan is doing.

She received Gamma Knife treatment last Thursday. This time it was done at Mercy Hospital by people who actually cared about the patient! Susan did not experience any pain when the frame was placed on her head. In fact, the only pain was a headache (a good one, too!) when it was time to go home. It was such a blessing to have really skilled, capable, caring medical people work with her, unlike the (expletive deleted) animals at "the other unnamed hospital."

Now, its just a question of waiting. Susan slept most of the afternoon on Thursday. Some strong pain reliever took care of the headache. She's been up and around in the wheel chair and has used her walker for short distances. Unless there is some radical change in symptoms, she'll go back for a followup MRI and to see her neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist in about one month.

6 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really good news. Thank you for keeping us informed. Bless you Susan and you are constantly in my thoughts. Anita

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, thanks so much for posting. I'm also very glad to hear Susan's experience at Mercy was a radical improvement. (I've never heard anything good about the un-named place.) Tell Susan I'm thinking about her and you too.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so very glad to hear that Susan's procedure this time was so much easier for her. That is definitely an answered prayer.

We're praying for both of you every day. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do.

Stay safe and warm and I pray that you have a wonderfully relaxing and healing week ahead.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Glad you had a good experience with the health care providers there. It can be difficult to remember that the reason we work is for the patients, but it's the most important thing to keep in mind.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I'm late in responding to this -- I've been away from the internet for a week. I am very pleased to here that you and Susan had a more positive experience at this hospital, and I'll be hoping for more good news very soon. Fingers crossed.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger lutheranmom said...

I just happened upon your blog, I'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home