Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Oh My Gosh - You Have To See This....

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Oh My Gosh - You Have To See This....

I have the best group of friends! Friday night Kay called me and said "Come to Gourmet Yarns tomorrow at noon."

"Why?" I asked.

She said "I'm not telling you, just be here."

And, of course, I went. There are just a handful of people who, when they say do something, I just do it.

So I showed up a Gourmet Yarns at noon. A small knitting group, Rosemolly, Kay, Shelly, Terri, Emily, and Margaret (well, Margaret was working but it was nice to see her). And I'm thinking, this is really nice. I hadn't seen Terri, Shelly or Rosemolly in a long time. And this is just a fun group to knit with.

Then, Emily says, "We need to do this." And the next thing I know I've got my eyes closed. When I was told I could open them, this is what I saw:

Okay, the YI wasn't there but isn't this gorgeous!! Everyone made one or two squares or maybe three. I have a chart of who made which square and the stitich but Jim put it some place when I got home yesterday and I can't find it at the moment.

But there is a DW square (of course!) a several crocheted squares, a fiboroni number stripe sequence, a square with raised hearts, and some stitch patterns that are really cool but I don't know what they are.

Here it is again without the YI helping. She decided to come and sit with me on the sofa while I took this picture.


Unfortunately this picture managed to cut off just about all of the first row of squares.

As soon as Jim gets home, I'll update this with some close ups of the squares and stitch patterns. I just couldn't wait to get this up so you could see it.

And I understand there are pictures of the work in progress and some stories about clandestine knitting. I sure hope someone posts those - they sound like fun.

I don't know how you say "THANK YOU" for something like this. I know I will use when I'm cold whether the outside temperature is 98 degrees or 40 degrees and I will feel wrapped in LOVE! It's been a really hard month in more ways than one and this is just wonderful!

THANK YOU DEAR FRIENDS! I love each and every one of you!

9 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you that in June at the GY Knit-In as soon as you left (early) we all put away what we were working on,drug out our squares and started knitting on them instead and comparing them! And when we met at the Starbucks that night and I was talking about the Bamboo stitch Emily was trying not to laugh because she knew that's one of my pattern squares! I'm glad you like it, we had fun working on it.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh Sweetie, we love *you*, too!

This project was going on behind the scenes for the past 2 or 3 months. We were always hiding our work whenever we thought you might be approaching. It felt like we were a bunch of grade school girls. : )

We thought of you and wished you health and happiness, and of course, included prayers with each of our stitches.

Have a wonderful week!

Shelly

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I'm so glad we were finally be able to give it to you :) And that you like it :) Enjoy!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

It was kinda funny when we all put away other projects and then pulled out the squares at the last knit-in you attended. lol People noticed!! It was so obvious. I'm glad the YI has given her stamp of approval. I hope you feel of the warmth of each one of us when you wrap up in it.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to have such good friends who are looking after you!

and, yes, I witnessed some of the squares being created.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I wish all the other ladies that helped with it could have been there to enjoy the moment. We all enjoyed it and worked hard on it. I think the blessing was the best part.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful gift! So happy and colorful and cozy and, as you say, filled with love. I know your friends will all enjoy the thought of you using it as much as you will enjoy doing so!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Emily said...

It was a blessing to work on it for you!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Wow - that is so lovely. A lovely blanket and a lovely group of friends. You are so lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home