Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Has It Really Been That Long...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Has It Really Been That Long...

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted! But the last couple of weeks have been kind of miserable so I guess that the answer. That and I've actually been working. At any rate, the Guild committees are really working hard on getting everything ready for the Yarn Harlot. You have one more day to pre-order your book from Gourmet Yarns to get the discount.

I've actually got some more knitting done too. I made this layette set with a drop stitch and really think it turned out cute. Little blanket, bopper hat, and matching booties.

The blanket is about 17" x 17" and made from Jiffy as are the booties and hat. It's funny you can see the drop stitch really well in one bootie but not in the other. I've been having Jim take the pictures for me as I like to take them outside in the sun but am not up to doing it at the moment.

And, of course, another DW, just because I am now carrying them on showings and can knit to and from.


Hmmmm....it looks like this is the back not the front....Oh well, it's another potpouri ombre. And turned out very pretty - even the back looks good.

I have a baby sleep sack in rainbow stripes on the needles for one of my nieces. The other niece STILL doens't know what she's getting so her stuff will probably not get done in such a timely manner.

As soon as the sleep sack is finished I plan to start the chevron tee shirt. And is it possible that someone out there has an older Knit Picks catalog I could borrow? I originally was going to make the fingering weight fair isle, then decided there simply was no way I was working on size 2 needles and threw out all my old cataloges. Now I wish I had a picture of the sweater so I could use it for color coordination. I've decided to make the sweater but on larger needles and using motifs of my own liking. So if anyone has a copy of the catalogue and would let me borrow it, I just want to get a look at the color scheme. Thanks!

And that brings us to a medical update. I have my followup MRI on July 5th. I've only fallen twice in the last week (Kay keeps saying she's going to get me one of to Samuri body suits - boy, that would be fun). Once when Sugar tripped me and I landed on my rear and once when I realized my left foot turns inward if I don't watch it closely.

I'm being very careful walking because if I go down, I can't get up by myself, which is very frustrating. But eventually this will all come to an end. I know most of this is steroid induced and my dr is trying to bring me off the steroids as fast as possible. Which is fine by me!

2 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the falling. Be careful out there! Best wishes for a good checkup on the 5th!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Prayers and best wishes coming to you for the 5th of July. I hope it becomes your day of independence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home