Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: No Actual Knitting Content

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, May 29, 2006

No Actual Knitting Content

And I'll explain why in a minute. But in the meantime, we have cats in halters and ON LEASHES. Okay, maybe not totally happy cats but at least not totally freaked out cats either.

They wore their halters about two hours today and both got a little taste of being on a leash. Needless to say, Miss Blue was not at all enthralled by the adventure.
Here she is on the back patio, trying to lowcrawl with the leash on. It's the first time she's been outside the porch. Pretty big, scary world.

But she was walking and looking and then decided grass was not a good thing to have under her feet so we went back inside the porch. After removing the leash, she zipped inside the house, raced up the cat tree and promptly fell asleep on the top platform. Those 15 seconds outside just WORE her out!

On the other hand, our little Sugar Bear wasn't quite as afraid of the leash or the great outdoors.

She found things to sniff, things to look at, and tried to crawl into the lantana shrubs. She also was not interested in the grass underfoot. She didn't mind the bricks or the dirt around the shrubs, but that grass...I wonder if it felt prickly.

At one year old, she's the one who will adapt to all this and take it in stride. Miss Blue will probably never get used to the leash, though she's doing quite well with the halter (all things considered).

And here's a picture of Jim's birthday present. His birthday is tomorrow and we've talking about getting a grill for several years. Not that he'll be using on his birthday but it's nice to finally get one.

And I took some time to create a multi-strand Bible bookmark for my daily reading. I had six different bookmarkers I was juggling. It seemed just as easy to have one central ribbon. It took me weeks to plan out how to attach it to my Bible, then I realized I just needed to knot the ends, stick them down the spine and put the ribbons where I wanted them. Simplify, simplify!


Unfortunately these were very hard to get a good picture. What you can't see is the letter beads on either side of the colored bead in the middle. Just in case I forget what book is where. But I like the finished product and will be making another one (with fewer ribbons) for the study Bible I'm getting for my birthday. (Yes, Jim and I have birthdays only days apart but mine will be slightly compromised this year - no big deal).

And now the reason there is no actual knitting content. I was zipping along doing the front neck shaping on my side to side tee when I realized the stitch count was off. Not just off, but WAY off. I ended up having to rip back over 2 inches! So it's sitting in the knitting basket waiting for me to feel like working on it again. I hate frogging but I especially hate frogging when I could have been paying better attention.

Hope everyone had a fun, safe, happy Memorial weekend. Hug a vet, they deserve it!

4 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Happy Birthday to Jim and Happy Birthday to *YOU*, too!

I love the Bible bookmark(s). That is a wonderful idea and beautifully done.

I'll be praying for you every day!

Shelly

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Happy Birthday Jim!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Happy Birthday to Jim. I like my steak medium well.

Just goes to show you why I do mindless knitting at Knitty Committee. ha

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

6-1-06

Susan, I prayed for you today...several times! I was thrilled to hear from Kay that your procedure went well.

Now take it easy and only do what you enjoy!

Your Friend,

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home