Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: I Went To a Garden Party...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I Went To a Garden Party...

And lots of my friends were there....Well, not actually a garden party but a tea party at the Gourmet Yarn Knit In this afternoon. It was really fun and a great bunch. AND I remembered to take pictures! Check out Terri's cool vintage hat!

Jan and Karen. Karen was nice enough to indulge me. Since I never know what I can eat, she helped pick out some goodies for me to try and then MOST graciously removed the evidence of what I couldn't eat. She also had the coolest tea cup I have ever seen! You wind it up at the bottom and it played music!

Knitters were busy knitting, drinking tea, eating dainty finger food, visiting and laughing. This, folks, is a high energy Knit In. Always a treat to get to go to it!

And look at this! This is dedication! This woman is knitting with HER ARM IN A SLING!!! Too impressive for words!

Anyway, it was great fun and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Carolyn came over to collect the guild library books last week and brought some knitting to work on while we visited. Guess who showed up and promptly made herself at home in Carolyn's knitting bag - Oh who else!

And one more DW. One of these days I'm going to go back to the beginning of the year and count how many of these I've made. Certainly my fair share. Well, blogger is not letting me upload any more pictures so will post the DW later.

As most of you know, I underwent the Gamma Knife last week. Now we wait for 4 to 6 weeks to see the outcome. Prognosis is good. The drs say everything went exactly as expected. So far nothing has changed except the fatigue is back big time. But it's not keeping me from knitting!

5 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at the Knit-In. : )

I've been praying for you many times each day this week. I'm thrilled your procedure is behind you now.

Have a wonderful day today and I hope you feel better and better every single day!

Shelly

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear your doctors are optomistic! hooray. take care of yourself.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you yesterday and I too had a great time at the knit-in. We laughed a lot. I loved your hat, did you make it? And I also am glad that your procedure is over and we'll think positive thoughts for the future.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the gamma knife went smoothly -- I hope it made quick and vicious work of your tumors! I'm also glad you have such nice friends to pass these next 4-6 weeks with while you wait for th results.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Knit-ins are such great fun, and always better when you are there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home