Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Lookee, Lookee, Lookee...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, June 05, 2006

Lookee, Lookee, Lookee...

At what showed up in my mailbox today!


It's sparkles, it beguiles. It's called "Darling" and is a nylon, wool, acrylic blend from the Woolie Ewe in Plano, TX.

It came from
Terri for my birthday! What a sweetie! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! How did you know today was my birthday?

This yarn is definitely petting yarn. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet but for sure petting yarn. I love it!

And on a more boring note, here is the DW I tried to get up last night -

It's called "Spice Pot" and it looks nice. I've started another one in a yellow varigate but am only about half way thru it and am bored. The front of my side to side tee shirt is almost done. I'd planned to work on it this evening but fell asleep on the patio.

I didn't get much sleep last night and this morning, in celebration of making it another year, took a tumble in the kitchen. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know I turned too fast, lost my footing, slipped on the rug and crashed into the counter. Luckily I landed on my left side first then hit my head. I thought maybe I'd broken my shoulder but just wrenched it really good. Tonight I feel okay, shoulder is a little sore. I expect it will be more so tomorrow. But I didn't really get hurt, thank goodness. I need a stunt double!

And this didn't stop me from going to Hobby Lobby to pick up some more beading supplies, because you can never have too much yarn or too many beads!

I noticed there are lots of new knitting books coming out. Brand new - a whole book of cuff to cuff sweaters, a book I saw at Margaret's called "Every Day Style", "Yarn Stash Workbook" on Amazon,and a couple of others. This is the time to be a knitter, that's for sure!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Ouch! You know you're in a bad situation when you're feeling lucky that your shoulder broke your fall for your head. I hope you aren't too bruised today.

I completely agree about this being a great time to be a knitter. 10 years ago the choices of yarn, patterns, and accessories weren't nearly so inspiring. I hope it lasts and lasts!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Susan,
Happy (Beads and Yarn)Day to you.

Hope the shoulder feels better soon! You don't need any doctor visits.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Oooooh, Happy Birthday!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Here's to another great year in yarn (without TOO many more tumbles in the kitchen!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home