Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: New Knit In

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Knit In

Yeah! Another knitting group! This one met last night at Starbucks on 63rd and Western. Okay, there weren't many of us and I forgot to bring my camera but me and Emily, Anita and her daughter, and Jo-Ellyn enjoyed ourselves immensely. We will be trying to meet the second Wednesday evening of every month. You should come. It was fun!

And I actually have finished the side to side tee shirt. I had Jim take pictures. It's kind of long so a little hard to photograph.


It fits nicely. I may decide to take the sleeves in just a bit, they seem a little wider than they should. But at the moment I really don't have time.

And in the great scheme of things I made another DW. I can't remember the name of this and I'm too lazy to get up and go look at the label. At any rate, I just keep turning them out. I think I'm going to try the one from Mason-Dixon knitting book. It's an interestng pattern and would look good in a variegate. Anita also mentioned a pattern she thought would look good. I may try it instead. Expect I can't remember the name. Will have to get it from her at guild on Sunday.

Speaking of Guild, I know it's Father's Day. Some of us have Dads here and won't be able to make it but some of us (like me) have Dad's out of state and will certainly be there. I might just say we have a HUGE thing getting ready to happen here in the Metro and it will be announced at Guild FIRST! You might want to come if you can.

It will also be announced next week. So it's not like you won't find out.

I am still having kneeless days. Which means I'm having a hard time getting up and down, sometimes walking. I am assuming the steroid reduction program has something to do with all this. I noticed this morning my face is still huge but my nose is back to normal size!! How funny!

And on the needles I have a little basket weave layette blanket for our charity knitting. I will finish it then begin my chevron sweater with souvenir yarn I got at Rosie's Cellar in Philly a couple of years ago. I also think I will start a drop stitch scarf with the yarn Terri gave me. I just realized it's a thick and thin and should look gorgeous!

7 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Emily said...

How funny--I have a Mason Dixon ballband dishcloth OTN. Two bright colors like in the book. I'm very happy

Anita pointed you to the bamboo stitch, which I think was at the Dishcloth Boutique.

I don't have to be at the Cathedral until 4:30, so I can be at the Guild for the first hour. Yay!

It was so good to hang out together last night. Maybe we can convince some Normanites to come up, too.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knit4.html

Susan, this is the Bamboo Cloth web address. I like the original and the variation 1. Variation 2 doesn't look to me as if it would be as pretty. but probably more reversable! Last night was fun!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

The shirt looks great!! There might be some Wednesday night that I travel north. But the second week of each month I have Mondays and Thursdays with knitting groups....think I can handle 3 nights in a week? lol

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Love the colors on the t-shirt. Nicely done!

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The side to side tee shirt looks very nice and the colors are great! You knitters have such a good time at your get-to-gethers, makes a person wish they were a knitter, too! Hope that things have been going okay for you today, Susan. We love you!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm off to my first San Diego knitting group today - hope it's as fun as yours seem to be!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The tee looks GREAT!

Love all the DW's.

I can barely wait to hear the guild news.

I'm continuing to pray for your full and complete recovery....and strong knees! I wish you the very best with the continued lowering of steroid doses.

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home