Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, June 19, 2006

The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The Yarn Harlot is coming to Oklahoma City complements of the Metro OKC Knitting Guild and Gourmet Yarns!!! She's COMING HERE!!! July 25, speaking at the Village Library from 6pm to 8pm, then a reception and book signing at Gourmet Yarns!

We are so excited!! Margaret at
Gourmet Yarns is offering a 10% discount on her book if you order and pay for it early! I ordered mine this afternoon, I didn't want to miss out! And the Guild committees are starting to meet to get the word out. We don't have much time and we don't want anyone to miss a chance to meet Ms Stephanie in person! So sign up, get your book, and get ready for a truly huge event in the world of knitting! IN OKLAHOMA CITY!!!

And speaking of knitting, here is the baby blanket I managed to get finished for my charity knitting for the Guild - it's a basket weave and very fast to finish.


I've got another one on the needles, same color, Jiffy brand yarn but this one is a drop stitch which also is easy and cute.

And I even took some pictures at Guild. I managed to get down one side of the room before my batteries ran out. POOH!

We had a really good turn out considering it was Father's Day. I figured over 30 people showed up! By the time I remember my camera, some had already left.


Look how industrious we all look! This is a great group and we are growing steadily. Every month we get one or two (or four) new knitters and they always come back!

And wonder of wonders, last night at about 9:30pm my knees came back! I've be really weak for almost a week but today they were still back! So maybe the steroid reduction program is starting to work.

I've been swatching for my next sweater. I have an assortment of blue cottons from Rosie's Cellar and I plan to make a striped chevron tee-shirt out of them. I just need to find a gauge I like on a needle size I like and I'll be off and running.

Don't forget to order your Yarn Harlot book from Gourmet Yarns!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that's so cool that the Yarn Harlot is coming! She came to a store pretty near me recently, but I was previously committed to someone who looked at me blankly when I said "But it's the YARN HARLOT!!!" She didn't release me from our already-made plans.

I love basketweave for a baby blanket. Reminds me that I need to get another one on the needles.

Hooray for the return of your knees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home