Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Knitty Committee Today!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Knitty Committee Today!

We had a great turnout at Knitty Committee today. About 15 people showed up even though it was the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. And as usual I forgot my camera! I know Kay was taking pictures so hopefully she will post them on her blog.

This is such a great group. But it looks like they are trying to turn it all to the dark side. Bette is making socks, Sherry is making socks, Janet brought double points and she is making a premie hat but can socks be far behind....? I'm not making socks but I'd sure be able to WEAR socks if more of them showed up (not pressure, just a little hint).

Kay was working on a clapotee, Terri had a dishcloth going, Emily was working her cowl, Judy was crocheting an orange and black afghan, Kathy was helping her daughter with a Knit Wit which makes knitted tubes. I didn't see what Barbara, Laura, or Delores was working on. And I was working on my side to side tee-shirt. We were a busy group around the table knitting and chatting. It was great!

After KC, some of us wandered over to Gourmet Yarn just to see what was new. And wonder of wonders, they had charity knitting yarn for the Guild! It is always such a surprise to me, people are so generous. Of course it's all acrylic but that's what we want. At the last Guild meeting I noticed we were really going through the yarn so was very happy to get more.

Hope you are all having a fun, safe holiday weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm sorry to say I only took ONE picture and that was of you!!! lol Yesterday was a good day.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm so glad for you!

It was great to see you looking so good on Kay's blog. You go, girl!

I'm praying for you all the time and especially this week. Please let me know if there's anything that you need or that I can do....and I'm serious.

Shelly

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish more of the LYSs around here would make more contributions to charity knitting, either by donating yarn or by organizing efforts through the store. That's so great that your store provided some materials for you. I will have to patronize them if I'm ever in Oklahoma. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home