Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Some Actual Knit Content

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, June 09, 2006

Some Actual Knit Content

I've been working on my side to side knit tee shirt between actual real estate appts. It's tough to get knitting done when you have to work. Any way, no pics of it yet. I just need to sew up a side seam and put in the bottom seed stitch. In the meantime, guess what I finished:

I couldn't find the band for this so I'm calling it "sunshine ombre". It's really a pretty lemony color. And, of course, I've started another one from my drs appt yesterday.

Also managed to get some charity knitting done. I'm planning on a baby blanket also in Jiffy. Just haven't had a chance to start it yet. But these turned out cute. I didn't have enough orange to make a blanket or I would have.


While sitting on the back porch the other day, I watched Sugar pick a fight with Rimsky. The one year old and the 14 yr old. Sugar doesn't pick on Blue. I think she's still really intimadated by her. But for some reason poor old Rimsky turns out to be fair game.

Rimsky is laying in the sun minding his own business. Step one: Sugar comes and lays down close. Then she starts poking him. He trys to ignore her.

Step 2: She starts rolling around on her back, poking him and poking him, until he finally sits up and decides to give her a whap.


Step 3: She finally gets him going. They roll around whapping each other for a few moments, then Rimsky gets tired and goes off to sleep in a corner or on a chair, leaving Sugar still on her back ready to play/fight.

For the last two or three days, I've been having trouble with my knees and feet. Walking is just not as much fun as it could be. I'm hoping the steroid reduction will help. Tomorrow I drop another pill. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Aren't cats funny? Sugar reminds me of my sister. She just wanted some attention even if it meant a fight. lol

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love the dishcloths. : )

I can't wait to see a pic of the side-to-side tee. What color?

The cats are such characters. I often watch our cats and see human traits...just not as subtle. I think I've been in Rimsky's spot a time or two. : )

Hooray for lowering the steroid dosage! I'm praying that all goes well with the reduction.

Your Pal,

Shelly

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I used to do something similar to my sister. I'd get her all worked up for a game or activity and then suddenly get bored with it and leave her all geared up for it. Man, I should call her and apologize for being such a pain in the neck older sister.

Those baby things came out super cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home