Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: More Backyard Pictures

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, July 06, 2006

More Backyard Pictures

I thought I'd see if Blogger would let upload the rest of the backyard pics. We have the hose there to water the Buddleias. Wayne planted those last year and we are TRYING to keep them alive. This is also a pretty good picture of the screen in porch.


The Crepe Myrtle is almost at it's peak. I love the pink color, it just shines against all the green!I have one hosta under the tree. I have full ring around the tree out front but it looks like this is solitary survior. But it's in bloom and that's all that matters - lol.

I have some actual knitting to share. I'm making a baby sleep sack for one of my niece's who is pregnant. I decided to make in the colors of the rainbow. It's a fast knit but I'm going to have to set it aside so I can make a couple of fruit caps with matching booties for my dentist. She is just about due and I haven't even started anything yet. Anyway, here is the the sleep sack.


All in red heart. I'm to the point I'm knitting in the round. I may stop and finish the sleeves just so I know I have enough yarn to make it all work out.

The YI is never very far away. Although she really just wanted me to get the stuff out of her chair. She didn't seem all that interested in the sleep sack.

Last but not least, a good report from my oncologist. We will move to prednozone on Wednesday. Both tumors are shrinking with no inflamation or activitiy. Now I do meet with my radiology oncololgist tomorrow and he will have actually read the MRI. My Oncologist just received the results. But it still sounds pretty good to me!

5 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, Susan, I'm so very happy to hear of your progress and the good MRI report!

The colors of the little sleep sack are gorgeous!

I sure missed you at GY's Knit-In weekend before last.

You've been in my prayers every day...especially on the 5th and concerning the MRI results!

Have a wonderful upcoming weekend. And, I love your screened porch. : )

Shelly

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

That sounds like wonderful news to me!!!!

PS: I have missed the YI. Give her some lovin's for me.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds good to me too.
The sleep sack is beautiful.
Plans for the YH are coming along. Village is excited.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot---I LOVE your screened in porch! My parent's house had a sun room with windows all the way around it that would open in hot weather and close in cold so I used it year round for reading (I didn't knit back then too bad)

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news! keep on shrinking away those tumors!

the sleep sack looks "wakey" to me. I like that in a baby gift! stimulate those little eyes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home