Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Fruit Hats

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fruit Hats

Inspired by the Yarn Harlot, I too am making fruit hats for the multiple babies either here or getting ready to put in an appearance. I managed to make two apple hats and a watermelon hat. I plan to get the booties for the apple hats finished today or tomorrow and then make watermelon booties.

I mentioned at guild about not wanting floats on the inside of the toes of the booties and Anna Hester (creative woman that she is!) suggested buying fabric paint and just painting the seeds on. BRILLIANT! In fact, I may even make another watermelon hat and paint on the seeds. Duplicate stitching the seeds on the hat was a lot of work!

And look at this fur baby. Blue has completely burrowed into the quilt, turned around, and is asleep, I think. At any rate, she is ignoring me if she's awake. She is a funny little cat.

Sugar, on the other hand, likes to sleep on her back with everything exposed, totally trusting no one is going to do anything mean to her. Well, she sleeps like that with me and if I rub her tummy she starts talking in her sleep. She also feels she must spend every waking moment with me (especially if she can find a knitted boob laying around to chew on). I've been using my blanket as I get cold so easily. She loves the blanket also. She has finally stopped trying to "taste" it as this gets her kicked out of the bedroom rapidly.

We had a super turnout at Guild on Sunday. We are having about 25-30 people come to every meeting and it's not all the same people! If you haven't come you should, it's a great group, we learn something new every month and we get to KNIT!

I've started the great steroid reduction again. I'm now on prednesone and the plan is to be off the steroids completely in about two months. So symptoms are a little more weakness in the knees, balance is pretty bad, and eyes are really watery. The good news is I feel good even if I am having trouble walking.

And one of my old/new hobbies is making small books. I have called and looked everywhere in town for a small bookbinding awl to punch holes into pages to sew them together. If you know of any place that might have them, please let me know. I can tell you who DOESN'T have them - Hobby Lobby and Micheals, Lowes, Home Depot, Triangle A& E, and Ace.

Here is what they look like

I guess I'm going to have to get a couple of corks and make my own using large needles. Now I just have to find some corks.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Blue looks perfect curled up in the quilt. And I know about Sugar's "open" sleeping posture. Lexi does that too when she's being what I call a loose goose. lol

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check with Tandy Leather Co. 685-9999 - awls are used in leather work.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have one. I'll check when I get home and let you know.
Sue M.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hats are so cute...the watermelon one is my favorite.

I've always wanted to make books....bought a book on how to make books (ha!) but just haven't done it yet.

And dumahknits beat me to the Tandy suggestion. Although I'm really surprised Lowes or Home Depot didn't have any.
-Jennifer C.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Ooh, fun. I have to make hats for some triplets that are coming. Triplets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home