Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Felting Fun

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Felting Fun

Carolyn came over today to do some felting. I wanted to refelt both my large square market bag, and my little green handspun to see if I could get them to tighten up a little more. I was really unhappy with the market bag before, we'll see how I like it after it dries.

But who cares aout the bags. Carolyn made the cutest cloche hat but was not totally sure it would actually felt up the way it was suppose to. Why do you think she thought that - LOL! Here are two "before" pictures:


She said she was smiling for this picture. It's funny how we are all creatures of habit.

And here is the finished product. It turned out so cute and she only had to wear the wet hat a little bit to make sure it matched her head size.


Felting is like magic. We both had bags to felt, plus she had the hat. I have a fedora hat pattern I picked up about a year ago and am planning on making and felting that. Then I plan to get some Cascade 22o at Margaret's and make up the homespun Ali sent me, along with some black and steel blue.

Can you guess I got all the fruit caps done? Now I just have to make to rainbow sleep sets and I can get back to making another short sleeve tee for myself.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I STILL can't believe that silly hat actually felted down....totally amazes me....but now I can't wait to make another one! Thanks for all your help, dear friend!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that hat is so so cute! I love little cloch hats like that. And felting is so gratifying, isn't it? You go from something useless and ludicrous to something adorable and useful in a matter of an hour or so! Love that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home