Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Another Mail Surprise!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, July 21, 2006

Another Mail Surprise!

We had a lady from Austin Tx come to a guild meeting about two months ago. She was very nice and seemed to enjoy the group. Look what she sent us:

She made a burial bunting and blanket for our charity knitting and:


If you look close, you'll see it's an Oklahoma dishcloth. It was hard to get a picture of this but interesting that a lady in TX would knit a OK dishcloth to put in the Canadian Yarn Harlot's gift bag.

And speaking of the gift basket, we have been given some awesome handspun yarns, rovings, soaps, and something I've never seen before, silk cocoons! This is going to be one great gift basket. I got an xxxx large basket shaped like OK to put all the YH's gifts in. I hope she likes it.

I've been working on my felted hat. I have it almost done and am excited to get it felted. Should be very interesting. And I'll do the before and after like Carolyn did on Wednesday. It's already starting to look like a Dr. Suess hat.

AND one of my sister's is planning to come and visit. She should arrive the day after the YH leaves. I'm very excited as I haven't seen her in over 8 or 9 years. Family doesn't come out to visit much.

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, I absolutely love the little apple hats and booties. : ) I've got some yarn and patterns for guild knitting. It should commence soon! Even though I haven't been able to attend guild meetings yet, I will certainly be supporting charity knitting.

I love the Oklahoma knitting cloth.

Take care and you're in my prayers every day.

Shelly

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you'll take a picture of the finished gift basket with a list of what's in it. I'm so excited for the Yarn Harlot's visit to you -- I can't wait to hear how it goes!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember her visiting....the dishcloth is fantastic!

I can't wait to see the Okie basket. Thanks for all of the hard work you're doing for the Yarn Harlot visit. I'm so excited!

Jennifer C.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dishcloth is great! I think Stephanie will be impressed with how the guild has worked hard to give her a good old Oklahoma welcome.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Susan - I will be thinking of your joy and excitement on Tuesday. How can you sleep getting ready for it? ha

Do you think the lovely lady from Texas would share her Oklahoma Washcloth pattern. They would make wonderful Christmas gifts.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, Susan! Looks like you have a great knitting blog going here. I don't knit, but I love the finished products!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home