Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Guild was Sunday

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, April 10, 2006

Guild was Sunday

And it was really good. Of course I forgot my camera but I noticed Kay taking pictures so hopefully she will post some pics on her blog or send me a couple to post on mine.

We had about 29 people come! And two brought their young daughters. One was making spool jewelry. She has promised me, if they come back next month, she wil bring me some examples of her finished work. The second young lady was knitting LACE! On double pointed needles! With crochet thread! What do you suppose she'll be knitting when she's in her teens...

Our program was done by yours truly on the importance of swatching, knowing your gauge or tension and knowing the secret formula so you can turn any sweater pattern into a pattern that not only fits you but also lets you use the needles and yarn you want. I think it was pretty good program.

Then we went around the room and found out what projects everyone was working on. This is always so inspiring! And we had three new knitters come to learn how to knit and we had someone who came last month and learned how, come back for a refresher.

We are always thrilled by these things!

Our charity projects continue. It looked like we had a handful of baby hats turned in so we are getting good start on our projects. I managed to make one and had another about half done but decided I didn't like the stitch pattern so, of course I frogged it and started over.

I was a little late for Guild as I had shown a house earlier in the day and then the buyers decided they wanted to make an offer on it. Not a problem. I was only about five minutes late.

But it has been really busy last week and this week looks like it will be the same. And today is day one of NO steriods. I'll probably be fine up until about Thursday, if the other decreases are any indication. Then I'll fight my way thru the weekend and hopefully will come out on the other side fine.

This has be no fun whatsoever but I've decided that unless I actually collapse, I'm not doing any steriods. I want to be done with this! And I'm feeling fine mentally, not very fuzzy at all today. Physically I'm not quite as good but I blame it on the steriods (I blame EVERYTHING on the steriods...If I get a knot in my yarn I blame it on the steriods...if one of the cats does something odd, it's the steriods...etc). I'd like to call it denial but really...it's the steriods!

5 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Steroids are widely known for causing knots in yarn - didn't your doctor tell you? I'll be sure to warn ALL of my patients in the future ;)

Glad to hear it's coming along well!

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that's the one and only downside of finally being completely off the steroids: what will you blame for all those little mishaps?

Sounds like your guild is single-handedly revitalizing the craft of knitting in your state. What fun!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Heh heh--I'll blame your steroids for causing knots in my yarn.

Guild was great, Susan--it is an exciting time to be part of it!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I knew something was causing all those knots!! Susan, I hugged you too hard and it rubbed off. lol

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh Susan, CONGRATULATIONS on being *OFF* Steroids!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!

Hang in there, Sweetie!

Your Pal and sister CCC'er (although I bet your no longer sporting CCs),

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home