Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: 12 Things

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, April 08, 2006

12 Things

I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday! I have been really busy with RE but the big thing is, if I do more than two things, I have to come home and nap. So rather than knit or bead or do something fun - I'm sleeping. Then today a number of new symptoms popped up and I slept most of the afternoon and evening (which explains why I'm doing this so late).

Since I have no pictures or even knitterly content I thought I'd share 12 things you may not know about me:

1. I DO NOT like chocolate! I can eat really good milk chocolate (like Godiva) provided its wrapped around a cream or caramel center.

2. I really like Snickers bars, Junior Mints, and M&M Peanuts (little chocolate, lots of other good stuff).

3. I can't stand lima beans, coffee, okra, or grits.

4. We lived for two years in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia (1986-1988)

5. We've been to Kenya, Iceland, Australia, Bangkok, Singapore, England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Italy, Belgium, Holland, France, Greece, Turkey, and Egypt.

6. We got lost in little, tiny Luxemburg and circled the main square several times before finally figuring out what road actually let you leave town!

7. I was married once before for about 12 years - the last five he had a girlfriend.

8. Jim and I met via the computer back before there was an internet and only geeks had computers - lol. I wouldn't do that now!

9. He was in OKC, I was in Tacoma Wa. A year after our intial meeting we were married.

10. I was a computer programmer.

11. I have started at least two small businesses and dropped them as soon as they became successful.

12. I've been in real estate longer than any other career field (but then, this is where I'm supposed to be right now).

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a very interesting 12 things list! Not to comment on the most mundane of them, but I also dislike okra. Actually, I hate it with a passion. So if we ever have occasion to meet, I definitely won't suggest that we go out for a plate of fried okra. :)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I can't believe you don't like chocolate! Or okra!!! I love both. Great list. I hope those symptoms you mentioned are minor ones.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Hey! You're a geek! I would love to be so well travelled. I've only been to three countries, but I've lived in all of them, I don't recall New Zealand because I was just a toddler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home