Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Busy, Busy Day

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Busy, Busy Day

Well, day two of the half dose of steroids. I have some side effects but mostly I feel fine, except my knees are very weak. In fact, I can't climb even a small step without a little help. This better change pretty quick is all I can say. I almost fell twice today because I couldn't get my knees to bend correctly. Well, they bend but they have no strength to straighten back up.

The season of the house is upon us. I had two listing appointments today, one on Thursday and one on Friday. This is typically the time of year to buy and sell and it's getting brisk. And I am not complaining. I love helping people either get the right house or get the right price for their house. It's a career field I would never have chosen but it was chosen for me and God has blessed me in it. It is the only service area I know where you can make a huge difference to benefit people. And since I work mainly by referral, I spend little time talking to people I don't know.

And I have been knitting. Put a couple of lace repeats on my Emily scarf. About half done with my little secret project and want to get a premie layette done before Guild so I can get it turned in. I still have to do my homework for Guild. This meeting is going to be so much fun and so informative - I can hardly wait.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Lisa Chumney said...

Greetings Susan.
There is something about your blog that caught my eye as I was surfing around in eblogger.
I think that it is great that you give God the credit for what you do in life. It is His plan, not ours.
The knitting project that you have going for the premie layout is commendable. I know that some hospitals will take donations for the premie items to help out the families. This could be something that you and your local knitting friends can get together and do for your community service.
Good luck on the cancer treatment. What were your initial systems?
Take care.
lisa@chumneyvisualdesigns.com
www.chumneyvisualdesigns.com

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how much energy you always have for your many passions, even with medical treatment so harsh on your body that your knees won't work right! You are a wonder. Appropriate, given the name of your blog. :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, we are about to put my in-laws' house on the market, just have one more coat of paint on the ceiling, a little deck repair and minor yard work. My mil's agent had said this was the time to shoot for.

Hope your knees figure out what they're supposed to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home