Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And I Forgot My Camera!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, March 20, 2006

And I Forgot My Camera!

Yesterday was the Metro OKC Knit Guild's first meeting at the Belle Isle Library. What a great group. We had over 20 people attend, picked some charity knitting projects, had a great special speaker talk about socks, and then had a swap meet. It was really fun. And thank goodness for Kay, she has pictures up!

And I was busy the whole weekend getting stuff together so didn't get a chance to post until now. I finished the first baby sweater. Gee, it only need the front band and buttons!


And I have the green one yet to put the band on. But it's the same. And will take me all of an hour to finish up.


Also thought I'd share my lastest knit boob. I'm still making these out of cotton. But at Guild during the swap meet, Anita gave me some chenille that will be fun to try.

These look like knitted hocky pucks to me for some reason. I have yet to branch out and try these in anything but cotton. I can make one of these in about an hour. So trying the chenille will be a pleasant change.

And for a really fun read, go see Rachel's post. The penguin is so cute and the sweater is so cute and the post is so cute!

And good news all the way around health-wise. Saw my heart dr today. My heart function is up to 45-50. I have my last echo test in two months. He's sure the valve will not leak, the heart will back where it needs to be and everything will be fine. So a good report!

Also talked to my Oncologist. We are now doing ONE steroid a day. On Monday the plan is to switch to Predesone and then be off of it in two weeks. WOW! But I'm feeling pretty good. My energy level is hanging in there. I can go longer without eating (about THREE hours now) and today my knees didn't hurt.

So good news all the way around.

5 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I haven't downloaded my photos yet, either. Such good news about the oncologist.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay! Let's hope that recent good news is the beginning of a major good news trend.

Those baby sweaters are so, so cute. The colors are terrific. Lucky babies!

Thanks, by the way, for the link back to my blog. I'm very flattered and would put one of those embarrassed smiley faces here if it was available.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby sweaters are adorable. Lucky baby! Glad your dr. update is good and hope you like the chenille yarn. I like the cotton better for the boobs. Guild was so much fun, I really enjoyed it. Just fyi, I rarely go 3 hours without eating something and I'm not on steroids!! My cheeks are chubby and it's my own fault!! When you skip a day posting I get worried, glad you're doing well.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan,

I'm THRILLED to hear that your Dr. reports are so very good. YOU GO, GIRL!!!

The baby sweaters are precious. What pattern did you use?

I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to attend the guild meeting...but I'm certainly planning on making it there next month.

Shelly

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hey - that is GREAT news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home