Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: SNOW!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, March 23, 2006

SNOW!

We had a real estate continuing ed class this morning and as we left the house I had Jim take a picture of the front. We got a little bit of snow overnight!


But by the time we got home about 1 pm. It was all gone, sun was out and the snow had melted off completely. But at least I have a picture to prove it was there.

And at the class (which was about 1031 exchanges - what an interesting way to handle investments and not pay capital gains!), I noticed a lady up one and over one table pull out a sock to work on! Well I managed to contain myself until the class was over, but you know I was right over there before she had a chance to even get up. I think I surprised her. I asked her if I'd seen a sock pop out of her bag and she said yes and I told her about guild and about the groups that meet and she was very excited! I invited her to KC on Saturday and will be emailing her links to all the different groups and such including the Guild. Another knitting Realtor - what fun!

As for updates, I had pretty good day today. Went to class, came home, went to bed for a little while. I get really tired and my knees just kind of give out. But managed to work a bit and make dinner, and still feel pretty good.

And now I'm going to work on my Emily scarf cause I actually have a bit of focus tonight.

7 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It's always fun to spot a knitter in the crowd! I just read a new mystery by Maggie Sefton about a realtor who solves a murder...

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Glad you're feeling ok (not good maybe, but better). Thanks for the kind words about Satterlee's. I think I would really like it there.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Congratulations on finding another knitter to join in the fun!

I'm hoping to make it to KC on Saturday and will be looking forward to seeing you and giving you a huge (((HUG))).

I'm glad you're hanging in there and not feeling worse.

See you soon,

Shelly : )

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Me again. :)

The author writes knitting mysteries and real estate mysteries, but so far no knitting realor mysteries... :)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hmm, knitting realtor mystery, I think we've got potential there.

It's dangerous to start handknitting in front of you!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why I'm always so surprised when I see others knitting in public. I know we're everywhere, so why is it always such a shock to me? A pleasant shock, of course! Glad you recruited a new guild member!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan it is always great to hear you are feeling better and better! But that snow, what was it doing in your yard this time of year? The baby sweaters and all of the knitting projects you are doing look just great! You also have a great bunch of friends!!! I feel privileged to get to know them just a bit through your website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home