Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Finished Baby Sweater

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Finished Baby Sweater

All I managed to do yesterday was finish the green baby sweater. It did turn out cute and I was so happy to find buttons that matched it so well!

And here is the finished felted marktet basket. Now I have three. This one is really a good size and will probably become my default tote bag. I'm trying to decide if I should line it or not (not that I sew) but for sure will put something in the bottom to keep the shape.


And after feeling so good over the weekend, the dr had cut me back to one steroid a day on Monday. By noon I had a hit a wall. Bruises just showed up on my legs and I felt awful. So now I'm on one and a half sterioids a day. But my NOSE has shrunk back to it's normal size! Is that weird or what! I wish I could get other face parts to shrink!

Today was a pretty good day. What a difference 1/2 a steroid makes. Shelly said it was tricky coming of them and I can see that. Just don't understand it.

I'm back laying down, have a couple of projects I want to start so will do some swatching while lying around. And Knitty Committee is Saturday!

4 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, I sure understand. It does get tricky as the dose gets lower. I hope the rest of your steroid reduction goes well.

I get to reduce my Prednisone from 30 mg daily down to 20 mg daily tomorrow. I still have a long way to go to reduce enough for anything to shrink! : ( I'm still wanting to eat *everything* in sight. And, I think I've almost got the fevers whipped.

I really hated to miss guild last weekend, but I was just having a really crummy day for fever and feeling bad. Better now, though! And, looking forward to guild next month.

The baby sweaters are precious!

You are always in my prayers and I think about you very often...good thoughts!

Shelly

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Sorry you had such a lousy day. . .

lovely projects!

Today would be a good day to stay in by a nice fire. . .

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom had trouble coming off prednisone too. But, eventually, you'll get there!
Who's the lucky tot the sweater is destined for?

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, the buttons make that sweater ever sweeter. I love finding just the right buttons to bring a FO together.

Here's to a better day today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home