Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Friends, Ya Gotta Have Friends!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Friends, Ya Gotta Have Friends!

It has been a rather long day. Cutting the steroids has caused more muscle weakness and I actually have felt sick more than once today. And I had to have a heart echo test to be sure the muscles were working correctly and I have a leaky valve. I'll find out more on Monday when I go talk to my heart doctor.

So we are coming home and there is a box on the welcome mat. And look who it is - Ms. Lana Lynn and her baby Beauregard:


Are they not the cutest things! Look at the wisdom in those eyes. They are super soft and snuggly and they make me smile everytime I look at them.

And they came to me by way of my good friend Terri who saw them and thought they needed to live with me. Thank you so much Terri. I just love them. Beauregard is a little worried about the cats but so far the cats have ignored him. That's because I finished the cat toys.

They may not look like much, but I wore out three cats with these before I took the pictures. I put a nice amount of catnip in all three. I was going to take pictures of the cats playing with them, but blurs do not look all that great on film.

I also spent some time putting more lace repeats on my Emily scarf. But then realized I was a stitch short. So ended up pulling out everything I did. This is a very simple lace pattern and I'm having trouble counting it! This tells me I need to be working on something else because even an easy counting pattern is going to be too hard right now.

So I'm making another knitted boob. No counting cause I use markers. Just plain knitting. Pictures tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Susan, your lambs are adorable. Too bad you couldn't get pictures of the babies playing with their toys. You take care of yourself.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan, the lambs are absolutely too cute for words!

I love the knitted cat toys. : ) I bet the cats were a sight playing and enjoying the cat nip.

Knitted boobs....I could use some of those! : ) It's a shame to gain this much weight and have *none of it* go *there*! : )

I'm praying for you all the time and hoping that your steroid reduction goes as smoothly as possible. Let us know what your cardiologist has to say about your echo.

We LOVE *YOU* Susan!

Shelly

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Susan, those names are so cute - I hope you enjoy them. See you Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home