Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Fuzzy Feet! Fuzzy Feet! We Have Felted Fuzzy Feet!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fuzzy Feet! Fuzzy Feet! We Have Felted Fuzzy Feet!

But first - this afternoon I started putting together a box of acrylic yarn for the charity knitting projects for Guild. As I filled the box, I got a little help from my friend.

She climbed into the corner of the box and refused to move. I piled yarn around her. She just sat there. You can't see it, but her face is covered in yarn lint.

And just when I thought she might want to get out - oh noo, she decides to help me arrange the yarn in the box!

So I guess she isn't a total yarn snob. She was just checking to make sure this particular ball of yarn is a good one for our charity knitting.

Now onto fuzzy feet- a before picture of the fuzzy feet. They are a trifle big.


And after felting, they are still a trifle large. But the heel fits perfectly. So the plan is to let them dry a bit, do some molding on them tomorrow and a bit of create surgery on the toes if need be. These felted up very dense. They are gonna be WARM!

I got some puff paint to put on the bottoms, in hopes of slowing the wear. I'm thinking now that leather half soles might be a better idea.

So this was fun. Felting IS magic! But I think that's all for now, since I've felted everything I'd planned to felt. The market tote is still damp, as is Sugar's toy. I'm hoping I can take the market tote to Guild. But it's got a little wave on one side so I think I'm going to get out my steamer tomorrow and see if I can get it to lay down a little.

I had a close friend come by for lunch today and a nice visit. It is so much fun to get to spend time with people you really care about. She and I haven't had a chance to visit in ages and I'm hoping we can carve out more time in the not too distant future.

And the update - Not a bad day, my knees have been kind of sore all day but not extreme. I don't notice any difference with the steroid reduction today since my knees hurt periodically anyway. I'm really ready to be off the steroids!!

6 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the smell of damp wool pervading the house?

The fuzzy feet look great! The "before" picture gave me a chuckle. I kind of like them that way. :)

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sugar reminds me of our cat Isis who lived to be 18 years old-they look so much alike. Anyplace Isis wanted to be, she was. My daughter's first word was "kitty".

Yay for time with cherished friends and a "not bad" day!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Emily said...

heh heh--kitty covered in yarn lint.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Those pictures make me want to scoop her up and love on her. Maybe she needs to play with Lexi and show her how to be more cuddly?? lol

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Groucho likes to help me too. How cute she is.

Good Stash! I have my yarn stash ready for the guild and knitty committee. (My husband asked me if I had a meeting this weekend - ha!)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Sugar is just great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home