Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Preparing For A Felting Marathon!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Preparing For A Felting Marathon!

So here is what I did MOST of the day:

I sewed this together. It took me ALL day. Doesn't it look like a nice size tote bag. This is my handspun I dyed with easter egg dye.


Here is Sugar sitting on it. Does this give you an idea of the size of it yet? She weights more than 8 lbs, she is not a small cat.


Here it is next to my enterlac bag! IT IS HUGE! What size will it actually felt down to? I love felting, it's so much fun. But I'm kind of wondering if maybe I got a little carried away with the tote.

At any rate, the felting will probably start tomorrow or the next day, depending on how I feel.

Med update - this has been a really hard weekend. The steroid reduction has brought on mood swings. I have never had mood swings before and am having a bit of trouble coping. Plus my left side decided to take yesterday and today off so I'm back to being kind of unsteady on my feet. At one point today I thought maybe I should go ahead and up the steroid but decided to wait. Tomorrow I see my dr and find out if we're on the right path or not.

In the meantime, I'm laying around, sewing up projects to be felted.

6 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Tote bags are just beautiful and Sugar looks pretty good on them, too. The colors are so bright and pretty--Good job Susan!!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm sorry to hear about the rough weekend. I hate mood swings. A few years ago I seemed to have them daily. The bag looks great. I bet when it's felted that it will be a nice size. And in my opinion, Sugar is on the small side. :-)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your totes are beautiful. I'm anxious to see pictures of your finished felted bag, fuzzy feet, and toy for your kitty. : )

You're in my prayers, Susan!

Shelly

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your tote will be great! big enough to carry Sugar!

Sorry to hear you're feeling worse. Doesn't sound like fun...

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

((hugs))

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you're feeling crappy. I hope the joy of felting distracts you a bit. I love projects that have such a big payoff in the end. With non-felting projects you can pretty much see how they're going to look as you get toward the end. With felting you get all the gratification in one burst.

The bags look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home