Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Let The Felting Begin!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, March 13, 2006

Let The Felting Begin!

So tonight I decided to felt the tote bag. It was so huge and I was really curious as to how much it would felt down. Remember this little photo from last night:



Well, look at it now:


Yes, it's still much bigger than I expected, but I really like how it turned out! The size is market bag and the homespun color is really pretty. I discovered I have quite a bit of roving I dyed a long time ago, just waiting to be spun up. So eventually I plan to make more totes. This is too fun!

And yes that IS the YI's tail. Want to see what she's doing?

She is laying on her wet toy! Are cats crazy or what? Anyway, when this dry I'm going to roll it up "won ton" style, sew it together and see what she thinks.

Tomorrow night we felt fuzzy feet. Yes, now that the weather has become balmy and spring-like, I am finishing the slippers.

Med update - saw my dr today. I was planning on increasing my steroid doseage cause I felt so rotten. But he has cut me back to 1/1/1. Then I call him on Wednesday and tell him how I'm doing and he plans to cut me back to 1/1. Then he thinks I'll be on prednisone by next week. He thinks I'm making great progress and really wants me off the steroids.

So unless I have some major reaction, I'm just going to have to fight my through the steroid thing. I did decide to take Rebecca's advice and am eating a yorgurt every day. The mouth sores are much better (the dr had given me some drugs to help get rid of them) and I am rinsing with a baking soda rinse several times a day. But really mouth sores are the least of my problems. I'm still eating every two hours because I'm HUNGRY! And I've managed to gain about 10 lbs mostly in my face!

This too shall pass. Eventually things will get back to normal. And Guild is Sunday!

5 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag came out great! And I think a nice big bag has so much utility. I bet you'll get lots of comments on it. Now if only you could load up all your woes into and give them to someone else to carry around for a while. :( I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Love all the felting - isn't it just magical every time?

It's so interesting to read your med updates and see just how someone feels on the medications that we prescribe so frequently - it's eye-opening. Hope it goes well and better for you.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I think your bag turned out great. It will be perfect for a larger project. And I especially love the detail of the YI's tail peeping from one edge. :-)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

How much fun is felting! It's like chemistry, but with yarn!

Looking forward to Sunday.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your tote is beautiful! I love it!

I'm praying that the steroid reduction goes smoothly and that you feel better and better. Be sure and let your physician know right away if you aren't feeling up to reducing the dose that quickly. Coming off of steroids has *always* been *very* difficult for me.

Sweetie, I'm thinking of and praying for you loads lately. Call anytime!

Your Pal,

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home