Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Short Post Today

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Short Post Today

I tried to get on blogger last night to post but it insisted the page could not be found. So I finally agreed with it and gave up.

And this will just be a short post since
Emily, Polly Garvey, and I are going to go down to Norman tonight and join the Norman Sit N Stitch knit together. Really looking forward to this! This is such a nice group of ladies, okay, kind of rowdy - you know, typical knitters!

Today my company had it's yearly awards banquet. Yes I went. Yes, I won an award. Yes, God has blessed me so much! I had been concerned last year about falling behind and then at the end of the year, we had several properties sell and I didn't fall back at all. Now, mind you, I didn't do any better, but I am just thrilled that through out all this we stayed in the same place!

And the mouth and throat sores have kicked in with a vengence, caused by the radiation. Everything has to be bland, bland, bland. Jim has bought all the white soup he could find! He will be making a big batch of tapioca pudding (with stevia since I can't do any other sugars) tonight and stocking up on potatoes (mashed, a little butter, no salt). All the info I can find says I'm looking at 6 to 8 WEEKS of this! YEEK!

It is the first thing that I've run up against that is making me honestly CRABBY! I'm trying hard not to share my delightful personality right now, cause it certainly isn't anyone's fault.


On a much more positive note - while the steroid reduction hasn't helped my pilsbury doughboy face, it appears to be helping in other places. I can feel the floor with my left foot! This is major! I haven't felt anything with my left leg or foot for months! Very happy about that. Have noticed twinges and prickles in my left leg also. This is really good. Like the brain impulses are trying to get through.

So I will leave you with a little kitty candy. And know I plan to have a fiber hangover tomorrow - Yeah BABY!

How did that gray roving end up in the hutch?

Oh, it's Miss Blue trying to find a quiet little place to hang out!

5 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom is dealing with radiation and chemo too (for the last 4 years). Yogurt is one food that really helped with the mouth sores, and is good on the stomach too.
See you tonight!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Years ago I had two kittens. I laid down to take a nap and when I got up the kittens were no where to be found. After an hour or two of panicked search, I laid down to cry over losing my kittens. I heard this noise and turned to see both of them slipping out from under the chest of drawers where they had managed to get under and into a drawer for a cozy nap. lol That is what Blue's picture reminded me of. Pretty pretty kitty.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I was *thrilled* to see you tonight, Susan! You are a delight!

I'll definitely be praying for your mouth and throat to heal quickly and that you will find plenty of nutritious, non-burning food during this time.

I sure look forward to getting together soon.

And, the kitty pictures are priceless. : )

Your Pal,

Shelly : )

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, Shelly's potato soup recipe (she posted it a couple of weeks ago when my tooth was pulled) is simple delicious comfort food. You could try it!

I enjoyed talking with you tonight Susan and am stymied that the yogurt you already were eating didn't stop the formation of the mouth sores in the beginning. Here's luck to you in finding a way to deal with it!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger quantumtea said...

My tail-less grey cat likes all dark, enclosed spaces. She wormed her way into the dresser once, and I absently cosed the drawer she was in. She oozed from drawer to drawer and was waiting for me in a completely different drawer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home