Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: My Emily Scarf

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Emily Scarf

So I finally found a lace pattern I like for my Emily yarn (thanks Rosemary, now I'm naming YARN -LOL)
Isn't this gorgeous! When finished and blocked, I'll take a picture of it on the coat. This is the yarn
Emily brought me when I was in the hospital. She had some very wise words for me when she came to visit - "Knitters," she said, "do not bring flowers to other knitters in a hospital. Knitters bring YARN!"

This yarn is called Holly Hock. It is made by Malabrigo out of Uruguay and is kettle dyed pure merino wool. It is so soft and wonderful to knit with, very easy on the hands. One skein is 215 yards and will make this most beautiful scarf.

Now, can anyone see the really stupid thing I did with this? Yes, I took a lace pattern OFF THE NEEDLES TO PHOTOGRAPH IT!!! When I went to put it back on the needles, I find I'm missing a couple of YO's. Hmmm....hopefully will not have to pull out too much to get back into the flow.

And am almost finished with the little tote bag. Just need to finish the second side, i-cord some handles and sew it all together. I have this huge felting marathon planned. I also am trying to decide whether to make a felted flower for my enterlac bag as a closure. I had put a big snap on it, but it still wasn't staying closed the way I wanted it so I'm thinking about making a tab closure with a flower on it.

Med Update - Have cut the steroids back to 2/1/1. But couldn't sleep again last night. I don't know if this is a function of the steroids or the radiation sickness or what. But getting up around 3:30 am to start the day is just a TAD early in my opinion - lol!

Shelly, what's your experience with this? Is this steroids or something else?

And for you gardeners, I was able to help Wayne on his blog. So keep checking in over there and encourage him to keep going.

7 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Very pretty--not that I'm biased or anything. It looks really lovely knit up!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Gorgeous scarf!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

That is beautiful yarn. I hope you were able to pick it all back up...that is how I end up frogging on lace, messing up a yarn over and not knowing how to "get it back". lol

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

The yarn and scarf are beautiful!

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only had to back up one row. Was able to recapture the rest and am happily knitting along. I do have to really watch the lace repeats - it's a really easy lace pattern but I'm still just fuzzy enough I have to count EVERY row!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily is a wise woman (bring yarn not flowers).... The scarf is beautiful I love anything in any shade of pink or purple.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh...love the yarn and the lace pattern! It is beautiful. : )

Yep, that *no sleeping for any length of time...if ever* is definitely a steroid issue. It's like having mega doses of caffeine and being so tired you could drop...but the ol' brain just wants to keep on working. It is indeed very annoying! Blood shot eyes go great with chubby cheeks! : )

Bless you, Sweetie! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

You Go, Girl!

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home