Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: The Knitty Committee

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Knitty Committee

I love this group!

By the time I finally got around to getting pics, people were on the move. We must have had around 15- 20 people. This is my support group. The core Knitty Committee has been together for around 10 years. Others have joined in the last couple of years. We used to meet at Borders until they evicted us (okay, not every establishment wants 15 - 20 women brandishing pointy sticks, laughing, talking, and generally taking over the cafe).

St. Eugene's now hosts us. They aren't worried about pointy sticks or noise. They gave us this great big room, let us bring in food and drink and if we need more room, they accomodate us. We've been here several months and really like it. We meet the 4th Saturday every month from 10 am till noon. We embrace all forms of fibery love. Mostly people bring knitting or crochet projects to work on but we also have spinners, weavers, tatters, cross stitchers, needlepoint, quilters, sewers, etc.


We had some friends up from Norman from the Sit n Stitch there. Some guild members, some from the Gourmet Yarn KI. It's a great cross section, a great mix of people, and like I said, this is MY world! There is nothing like being in a group of people you feel so comfortable with that you can say anything to, you can share what's happening, and you know they care!

Then afterwards, Kay, Emily, Terri, Judy, and I all went out to lunch at Bennigans. While this was all really wearing, it was so much fun! I had expected to see Rosemary at lunch but found out she had company coming. Next time she needs to plan better. I think she needs to hang out with us "old ladies" more!

And the "Chubby Cheeks Club" is in full swing! Kay would like a membership but both Shelly and I think her cheeks are too slender. Plus she's going to have to get caught up on the eating program. You absolutely HAVE to eat at least every 2 hours otherwise those cute little cheeks will probably just disappear completely - lol!

I finished the first Fuzzy Foot. I'll post a pic of it later. Jim was humming "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant" when he saw it, but it's going to be felted! I've cast on and started the other cuff, then got bored with it. I have to MAKE A HEEL FLAP. So I made a couple of beaded bracelets instead. I had actually planned to make a couple of stitch markers but the bracelets were way more fun.

Med update - Okay, so yesterday was terrific! I mean really terrific! I enjoyed every second. And I spent most of today resting - lol! But this morning the hair thing started. Yes, it's falling out AGAIN! This time it's still so short I don't think I'll bother to get it cut. I'll just live in a cloud of hair (kind of like PigPen in the Charlie Brown strip) for awhile and see what happens. When I started losing hair during chemo, I went ahead and got it cut off cause it was too long to mess with. It's not even 2" long at the moment and I'm expecting it to just thin way down and not go completely bald. We'll see.

And yes, I was expecting the hair to fall out. The drs had already warned me that raditation would do that. Otherwise, not a bad day considering I spent most of it in bed!

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I enjoyed coming up and hopefully next time lunch will work out :)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun on Saturday! I'm also glad you got to rest up on Sunday.

I'm definitely planning on attending the next Knitty Committee meeting. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm praying for you every single day....and loads of other folks are, too!

And, I'm proud to be a co-founder of the CCC with you!

Shelly

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I enjoyed our lunch too. This is a great "Circle of Women". You also had a nice pink glow about you on Saturday. I am glad you told us it was time to go. We'll follow your lead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home