Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Gourmet Yarn Knit In

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gourmet Yarn Knit In

What a great time we had yesterday! Gourmet Yarn has a monthly knit in (1st Saturday of every month from 4pm to 8pm) and thiswas a full house! Must have been at least 20 knitters or crocheters there! And rowdy! OH MY GOSH! The energy in this room could light Seattle for a week!
This is only one quarter of the room. But you can see we are all being very industrious. And as you can see, I didn't take this picture. I was up and wandering around and forgot to get ANY room pictures! So I borrowed this one from Kay!

This is Shelly and I - the founders of the Chubby Cheeks Club - Yeah Baby - Steroids! Don't we have fat cute round little faces. Shelly told me she wants to get a wonder cheek bra to keep hers in place - LOL! I don't need a cheek bra, mine are so fat and tight they aren't going anywhere!

And this was originally suppose to be the CCC but I see some kind of thin cheeks in this crowd! Across the back, Emily, me, Kay, in front Shelly and Rosemary.

Speaking of Kay and Rosemary - look at this:


I have new socks! Aren't they beautiful! These are my RosyKay socks (Rosemary names all her socks so I'm following suit)! And I DO NOT CARE what anyone says about guilting people into making me socks - I love handknit socks! Hand knit socks say love in a way that is beyond compare!

It turns out Kay got the yarn and Rosemary made the socks. And I've been wearing them today because I haven't felt as good as I could. And I LOVE MY SOCKS! Then I realized I'd seen them on Rosemary's blog. Didn't even dawn on me...

Yesterday was great! Got to meet some of the ladies from the Norman Sit n Stitch. It's always nice to put names to faces. It was great they could up for the Knit In! And it sounds like some of them will be able to come to Guild.

As for today - well, I may have overdid it a little yesterday. I got home about 7pm last night, ate some dinner and fell asleep! Woke up about 1pm and then it was up and down all night with pain in places I haven't had feeling in. This is a good/bad situation - heheh. Good to feel something, bad to feel something so much it keeps you awake. Spent the majority of today laying down but really can't complain too much. Feeling pain means no numbness in those areas.

And tomorrow I get to find out how much to decrease the steroid dose. Another good thing.

And one final fun announcement. I have a friend who is a master gardener, knows the culture of horts, and is a very funny writer who I am trying to encourage to start his own blog. The only problem is he is scared of knitters (okay, he's scared of clowns first and then knitters but I think telling a knitter than is pretty stupid!) I'm not sure how to encourage him any harder so if you have suggestions, please let me know.

Oh and on the personality test thing, less than 3% of the population has my personality type. I thought that would make you all feel a little better - LOL!

7 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh my! I don't usually smile at myself in the mirror like that...gotta love those power cheeks! : )

I love you Susan!!! I really enjoyed talking with you yesterday...and the hugs!

I'm hoping you have good news to report with your steroid reduction. I'm getting to reduce mine a bit more on Wednesday, if all goes well.

I've got a fiber party hangover today, too. But, I'm trying to rest up to go to spinning at Wanda's tomorrow evening. : )

Have a wonderful week, get lots of rest, and keep us posted about how your Dr. visit goes.

Your friend and CCC co-founder,

Shelly : )

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Be well, Susan, and enjoy your socks!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I'm sorry you overdid it yesterday but I am so glad you spent time with us. Enjoy your socks!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Susan, I love the socks - they match your TATOOS!

Sorry we wore you out - but it was great to have you there with us.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm not sorry to be worn out!! I had a wonderful time and would not have missed it for the world!!

I like Shelly's comment about a fiber hangover - I think that's what it is!! LOL

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I hope you get lots of rest this week!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Sounds fabulous - all that fun is absolutely worth the being tired, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home