Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: FeatherSpun Yarn - Yuck!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, March 03, 2006

FeatherSpun Yarn - Yuck!

Doesn't this look like the prettiest yarn? It's so soft, and the colors are really gorgeous.

See how it sparkles, see how the colors just mesh together


This a yarn from HELL!! It sticks to itself, it sticks to my new cheap wooden needles, it sheds, it could care less about easy to use. I have to count EVERY row to make sure I haven't added or subtracted a stitch and I'm just doing PLAIN GARTER!!!

Who knew! This is the yarn Harn Homestead gifted me with for teaching the knitting class. It's so beautiful in the skein. Large pettable factor. But knitting it is a different story. Talk about high maintence.

So I'm making a plain garter stitch scarf from it. It will be slow going because you have to watch every row. And I have TWO skeins. I will probably just set this aside for the time being and get busy on dishclothes. I was planning on making a dishcloth for each of those nice people at Mercy Radiation - about 14. They will be way more fun to do than this stupid scarf.

And thanks to all of you who enlightened me on the personality test. It was very interesting. I realized I could go back and get a couple of extra submits but the main stuff never changed. On number 4 it said I was a knitter. Number 2 was the same as number 1 but with an I instead of an E.

Tomorrow is the Gourmet Yarn Knit In. I am so looking forward to spending some time with other knitters. I'll be good for about 2 hours and it will be really fun. And thanks to Shelly, who posted a great entry on her blog tonight. My chubby chubby cheeks will be there in full bloom!

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Sweetie, I'm glad your chubby cheeks will be there today...so my chubby cheeks won't feel lonely! : )

Your CCC Pal,

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home