Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Fuzzy Feet are Finshed

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fuzzy Feet are Finshed

Today has been a bit different. I appear to be having a little radiation sickness going on. But this has good mixed in. I spent much of the day just laying in bed KNITTING! When I wasn't knitting I was reading knitting magazines or listening to knitting podcasts.

And the second sock is done.

They are the same size. I had Jim take the pics for me and it looks like the angle is off a little. But I have measured them side by side and they are the same size. Cheryl asked who the slippers are for - these are for my hubby! And I'll be taking before and after felting pics of him wearing them.

Then I decided to go ahead and knit up a toy for Sugar.


Yes, it looks really weird! But I knitted a flat piece so I could roll it up and felt it. Emily had mentioned kitty dim sum and I like the idea of a roll. It will be very interesting to see how this works out. Sugar was especially interested in this as I knit it. She spent much of the time mouthing the balls (since I wouldn't let her run off with them) and rearranging them around herself on the bed. I hope she likes it as much after the felting!

Short update: The hair started coming out by the handfuls this morning. By this evening my head looked pretty stupid. Big bare spots next to long chunks. So I just had Jim shave the rest of it off. Not a problem and the wig will fit better.

5 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love the fuzzy feet! They are such wonderful colors! I'm looking forward to pics. of them on your hubby's feet. What wonderful comfort knitting for him. : )

Susan, I'm so sorry about the radiation sickness....and the your beautiful hair falling out. If you'd like, I'd be glad to get a buzz cut to show total support! It would save me from doing a long overdue dye touch up job! Although, I will need to run out and purchase a wig. : ) I don't think anyone would really notice my hair because of my big, round cheeks! : ) I'm setting a new personal record in the steroid cheeks department! The CCC needs to stick together!

I'll be praying extra all day long for you today!

Your Pal,

Shelly

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Susan, Shelly, I don't know if either of you watch but Cojo on Entertainment Tonight is also a member of the CCC. I think I heard he had a kidney transplant and I'm sure he's on medication that caused his also. Susan, just think, you and Demi have something in common. Although she did it years ago, you both shaved your hair. Take care!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Yep, Kay, I did see Cojo recently. He's definnitely in our club! Those are steroid cheeks if I've ever seen them. : )

Also, I saw Terry Garr on the Tony Danza show. She has MS and she has a great pair of cheeks, too. I'm sure it's medication related. Our CCC is growing...in more ways than one. : )

Shelly

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Emily said...

The fuzzy feet are quite cool and I'm looking forward to the post-felting photos (and I bet Sugar can't wait for her dim sum).

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Shelly - DO NOT CUT OFF YOUR HAIR!!! My beautiful hair was all of 2" long - lol! Not a big deal!

Kay - Cojo? (do I need to watch more tv?} And I do remember when Demi shaved her head - but no chubby cheeks for her!

Anyway, CCC is going full blast! Am hoping to make it to the GYKI on Saturday - guess we'll see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home