Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Getting Behind

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Getting Behind

It's always a great day when you can work a little and visit with friends a lot and come away feeling good about both. But you still need to put at least 2" a night on the baby blanket.

No need for a picture of the blanket, sigh, it's only 4" longer than last time. I really shouldn't make dishclothes and hats. They go so fast that when faced with a substantial project like this easy baby blanket, it seems to take forever (hmmm...I've been working on it all of seven days). In all actuality, I should have it done before the end of the month.

And how annoying is it to find your YI curled up on hubby's side of the bed, on hubby's sweatshirt, ignoring you completely because you wouldn't let her pull yet another piece of wadded up paper out of the trash to play with. It's not like she couldn't play with the four pieces she already fished out, for Pete's sake!

Off to work on the blanket.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Look at that sweet baby. And her hair is sooo shiney. What shampoo do you use on her hair? lol

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Susan,

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

BTW, our cats do the same thing...they LOVE my knitting. It is a constant struggle. : )

I hope to make it to the knitting guild soon.

Shelly

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi. Saw your comment on Prayerful Knitter and thought I would stop by and say hello myself.

Your kitty is cute! I love cats.

I find for baby blankets, that if I crochet them they go much faster. I also prefer the look of a crocheted afghan (baby or adult size) over a knitted one. But for clothing, hats, socks, etc. I prefer knitting. Hope you'll post a pic of your blanket when you're finished.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I love the YI. Houdini starts to get annoyed (if he's awake) and I'm paying more attention to the yarn than to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home