Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Writer's Wonderland

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Writer's Wonderland

I recently signed up for an online creative writing class here. The first assignment came out on Wednesday and today is the first day I've had time (and felt up to it) to start working on it. I made the mistake of reading some of the finished assignments. Wow! There are some truly talented people taking this course. Talk about intimidating. But I'm really looking forward to learning something. My ultimate plan is to see if I have any talent at all in the area of writing. Retirement is coming up in a few years and the idea of starting a new career is very appealing.

I am just now to the part of the day I can do some knitting. I have Law and Order season 4 ready to pop in the computer as soon as I'm done with my entry. And I have 128 stitches worth of baby blanket with four rows done so far. This time I'm keeping track of how many rows I can do in an hour. I'm not the world's fastest knitter but I have a couple of other projects to work on (the bee stitch dishcloth, for one) so this one needs to be out the door as soon as possible.

So no pictures tonight. No knitting to share. YI spent most of the afternoon sleeping on my right arm so typing was interesting to say the least. And if I moved her the tiniest amount, she would complain in her sleep - sheesh!

Tomorrow is the Guild meeting. I'm really looking forward to it. There is no energy in the world like the energy created by a group of knitters. An addictive high, for sure!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm so jealous you have a guild to have meetings. I've never had any luck with that. Maybe in San Diego? Have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home