Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Do You Knit at the Movies?

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Do You Knit at the Movies?

I usually do. This afternoon we went and saw this. OH! MY! GOSH! This was excellent! If you like special effects AND a good plot (even better than the original), go see this in a movie theater. I promise - you won't regret it!

As I said, I normally take "movie knitting" with me. Mindless, don't have to look at, keep the hands busy knitting. I took the side of the next felted tote bag. Easy knitting. I knit through the coming attractions, I knit though the build-up, I knit through the first encounter on the island. But after that, I had to work on reminding myself to BREATHE, let alone knit.

But, when we got home and I took a look at my tote bag, I made a very unfortunate discovery. I'm out of yarn!! Well, I have enough to do a couple more inches but after than I'm stuck. So I dug around, found my stash of roving, and sure enough, I've got the right colors.

Now I have to turn this:


into this:

Yes, I see the ears. I also noticed, as I was getting the next picture, she was walking away, smaking her lips. Kind of like kids do when they try to eat too much peanut butter. I didn't SEE a mouth touch anything but she was hiding behind the stack.

So now I have to find time to fit in some spinning. I like to spin during the day because the light is so good in my fiber room. We'll just see how fast that tote bag gets done now! I might have to start the
enterlac bag. I bought both the book and the yarn (not in those colors) at Gourmet Yarn. Margaret and Kay helped me pick out some lovely purple and blue. When I get it started I'll post some pics of the yarn.

What...a baby blanket...oh, yes...I do have that little project to work on.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

The baby blanket is darling. So are those ears peeping out on the other side of the roving. I saw the most beautiful scarf in fan and feather at a yarn shop in Tulsa. It was knitted in Lorna's Laces Helen. I think that was when I fell in love with lace.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, I want to do the entrelac bag, too. Maybe after some more de-stashing.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger quantumtea said...

You spin? On a wheel or a spindle? Is it hard?

One of my goals for this year is to learn to spin. Probably after I'm all socked out and all five pairs are done.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Oh, you spin! I want to learn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home