Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Guild is the Greatest

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Guild is the Greatest

What a great time at Guild today! Thank goodness Kay brought her camera and sent me pictures because, of course, I forgot mine:

Here's Kathy, Terri, and Anita diligently working on their program swatches. We learned how to make both a left twist and a right twist cable WITHOUT using a cable needle.


Here is Emily and Rose. Emily is wearing her first finished sweater and Rose is wearing a scarf she made.

We had about 15 or 16 ladies at the meeting. There is nothing as much fun as getting with fellow knitters for a couple of hours. And they got "A's" on learning the cable technique.

It looks like we will be moving to the Belle Isle Library for our meetings soon. We have Anita to thank for that (let's all say - THANK YOU, ANITA). And we have a logo and a little herd of lambs I'll be getting trademarked for the Guild (let's all say - THANK YOU, KAY'S SISTER). Kay's sister (whose name I obviously don't know) created the logs for us and they are really super. You can see the main one at MetroOKCKnitGuild on Yahoo groups. And we should also say THANK YOU KAY, for asking her sister to make these for us.

Plenty of activities, fun, programs, and more coming up at the Guild this year. If you haven't been, please come. Everyone is welcome, no dues, no membership requirements (well, it helps if you knit and if you don't we'll teach you) and a super friendly group to hang out with. Let us help feed your fiber addiction!

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

My sister's name is Carol. And I agree, she did a great job!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love the logo! "Great Job" to Kay's sister Carol

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I third the above. And it was such great fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home