Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Festive Fiesta

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Festive Fiesta

While waiting around for yet another heart test (my heart is fine, thank you), I finished another DW dishcloth in Fiesta.

This one is on size 6 needles with 34 sts of Fiesta Peaches and Cream. Great color, nice size. It's already out the door for my first closing in January.

And, of course, the obligatory picture of the YI doing her thing while I'm trying to take pictures. I love making dishcloths - talk about instant gratification. I've printed out the pattern for the bee stitch and will be trying it next using the Fiesta.

I'm not much on shopping at Wal-Mart but after hearing how their selection of colors in Peaches and Cream is so large, I may have to just zip in and take a look!


And of course I was at Hobby Lobby today to pick up yarn for the new baby blanket. Got Bette's Feather and Fan pattern and will be starting that soon (maybe even tonight).

And here's what one side of the unfelted tote looks like:

I'm really curious as to how much the colors will mute when I felt it. I'm hoping I have enough yarn to finish the other side. I'd forgotten I was going to have to make it double to get the felted size I want. Guess we'll see.

And I have "Stitch and Bitch" reserved at the library - can't wait to see the hat mentioned in the comments yesterday.

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I don't understand why the YI is never in the center of the frame? I think you should put her in the center and then drape the felted project over her. That way you get both in the picture. lol Is that the yarn you frogged from the shawl? It's pretty.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Kay - the YI usually does a casual sstttrreetttcccchhh that puts her in the middle of whatever I'm trying to photograph. I end up moving her and she STILL manages gets in the picture. Cats are characters!!! And yes, frog yarn.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Love that Fiesta yarn! So pretty.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I like how felting mutes the colors a little - more subtle and elegant ;>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home