Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: It's Official!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Official!

My niece Celia is pregnant! It's her first and I'm so excited! I'm already making knitting plans. Celia stayed with us for about three months last summer while she went to Air Traffic Controller school. She passed, of course, with flying colors and she and her hubby Charles, moved to California (though I tried to talk her into staying - we have planes here for pete' sake).

Aren't they cute! They celebrated their first wedding anniversary while she was here. And what a sweetheart, he drove up from Abilene, TX about every other weekend to see her.

So when I talked to her tonight, it was just to be sure she had told her grandparents (my parents) so I could finally talk about it. And I made sure they both know I want monthly updates.

Now I can't decide whether to make a hooded baby blanket or a feather and fan blanket to start. And as soon as they know if it's a boy or girl, then the fun will start. I have some favorite baby patterns AND some that look like they'd be fun to try.

All those UFOs are going to be sitting a while longer, but what's time in stash-years. And I'll still be working on the next felted tote. I finished one side tonight but no pics cause I wanted to share the good news with you.

So what's YOUR favorite baby thing to make? What gets the most ooohhhs and aaahhs? What's the fastest or most satisfying or even the most fun baby item you've made? Because, yes, I want MORE ideas!

5 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger quantumtea said...

Umbilical cord hat from Stitch & Bitch, no question! I've made three and all were loved on sight. Fast too, it's in worsted weight yarn.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Oh I think you need to knit this baby a tomato hat with Classic Elite Skye Tweed. It makes the PERFECT baby tomato hat! We've got another baby coming in our office so I ordered the yarn from Margaret for a blanket. Knitting for babies is fun!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm fond of the umbilical cord hat, and then there's some cute hats in Handknit Holidays, and I love the fruit caps, too. . .

Don't forget socks and booties!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks! Got the book reserved at the library and will have to ask Kay to show me what this yarn looks like - a tomato hat sounds too cute!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

For some reason people always love crazy buttons on the baby sweaters more than any "real" knitting . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home