Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Another Finished Object

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Another Finished Object

Now I realize I posted this yesterday but today it really IS done. I give you the baby hat and matching sunsuit:


Two views, no less! They are in the finished items box and boy am I glad. There's at least one item I'll no longer have laying around. And notice how the blue bottoms and the hat look like the same color! I think that must be a miracle!

And here is the rest of the yarn to be finished into at least two, maybe three pocketbook size felted project bags:

I really NEED to work on these because they were originally part of a UFO (the bloom shawl) and as such certainly qualify for the same status. Not to mention they're practically the original yarn I spun when I got my spinning wheel YEARS ago.

Sugar, aka the Yarn Inspector, spent most of yesterday and today sleeping on my newly felted tote bag. But when I went to take a picture of her, do you think she would cooperate-HA! But it does make me think I need to make her a Kitty Pi. I'll have to buy more yarn...

Also got my 2006 catalog from Fire Mountain Gems in the mail today. What fun! I've been noticing a lot of ideas for beads besides jewelry. There's stitch markers, row counter bracelets, scissor point protectors, I could go on. Anyway, enough different ideas to warrent having the catalog (like I need an excuse). Plus the catalog has jewelry ideas every few pages. It's fun to look at, drool over, and dream. Some day I plan to make a row counter bracelet with matching stitch markers. Yes, let me just add those to the end of my To Do project list. Hmmm...the project list doesn't seem to HAVE an end. I could be in big trouble here!

4 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I have found that the way to get those really good and cute shots of Lexi is when she is sleeping. She can't help but cooperate then. lol The baby suit is darling and yes the blue on the hat looks the exact same color. That yarn you showed wound in balls might make a mighty fine Kitty Pi also. Just a thought.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I love the sunsuit, it's adorable.

Yeah for stashbusting and for moving those UFOs on!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That is just too cute!

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Susan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home