Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Knitters Are Such Fun!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Knitters Are Such Fun!

Tonight was the monthly Knit-In at Gourmet Yarn. What a great group! I got there late because I had to work but even arriving an hour into the event found the group going full swing. The energy level just soars in a room full of people brandishing pointy sticks and swirling yards of multicolored yarn into wonderful things.

I watched one member warping an Inkle Loom to make beautiful bookmarks, another was working on a gorgeous afghan, I saw scarfs and sweaters, the Berroco tote (twice! Both in the green Suede, two different knitters), a finished garter stitch baby sweater (so pretty, so soft!), some felted coasters, and all sorts of wonderous items. Laughter and needles just flew. I hated to tear myself away but had to leave early.

Here are momentos of the evening:


There are a number of informal knitting groups around the city. If you knit, if you want to learn to knit, if you just want to be part of an energy flow...come to one of these little get-togethers. You can never have too much yarn, too many patterns, or too many knitterly friends!

Metro OKC Knitting Guild meets the 3rd Sunday every month. You're all invited. We just started in October so get involved at the ground floor (so to speak)! The other group I'm involved in is the Knitty Committee. It meets the 4th Saturday of every month. Very informal and we welcome anyone who likes fiber - crocheters, cross stitchers, we've even had someone come with a drop spindle. Oh yeah, and knitters.

I had mentioned in an earlier post about Sugar, aka YI, sleeping on my felted tote. I finally caught her in mid catnap on it:

My "sneaking up" woke her up! And she was none to pleased to have the flash go off:

So a Kitty Pi is on my list of things to eventually make as I think she would actually sleep in it.

And here is my next felted bag. It's modeled after a paper lunch sack only with handles (I'm making it up as I go along). See how cleverly it's striping. I wish I could say I was changing the yarn but in reality, it is SELF-STRIPING!! Who would have thought!

I've got four rows of garter at the end but it still curls. The colors are so much fun. I can't wait to see how this felts up. So, anyway, to get the picture I'm holding the curl down and trying to keep YI (yes, the black nose in the corner) from another full body inspection. She likes yarn - she REALLY likes wool!

And the ugly sweater will soon be restored to yarn balls. I was thinking though, do you think it would look good as a shawl?

4 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

The Yarn Inspector is lovely. She knows a quality bed when she sees it! lol

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Houdini always likes sleeping on the morning paper, despite the fact that he has two comfy beds and the run of the house. . .

Well, he especially likes the paper if I'm trying to read it, lol.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Sometimes I get the idea from Lexi that cats think they should be the focus and center of your attention....it sounds like she isn't the only cat who expects and demands that! lol

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great website! Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home