Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Ya Gotta Have Friends!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ya Gotta Have Friends!

I have actual knitting content today but first I want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have supported me through these two and a half years. Without your prayers, good thoughts and kindnesses, I doubt I would have gotten well as fast or at all.


First, huge thanks to those of you who sent me cards, letters, emails, who called to check on me, who sat with Jim at the hospital, who came and visited me, and brought all kinds of wonderful fibery or floral gifts. Such day-brighteners!


To you who made or gave me hats, I appreciate them so much! I have hats for all occasions. I have worn most of them and when I get a little more hair, I’ll wear all of them.


To the sock makers – I know a lot of you thought I was kind of whiney about the socks but the bottom line was – socks are hard to make and it meant a lot when someone made me a pair. I can’t tell you the times when I felt so sick and I would open up my sock drawer and just look at them and think, I have to hang in there, people care about me.


To the Prayer Shawl makers – My shawls are in the cedar chest until the weather cools off, then they will be back working to keep me warm. I love my shawls.


To the knitted blanket makers – I use my blanket every single day. Sugar and I have worn holes in it! I’ve already had a good friend repair it once and am trying to be more careful with it.


The same with my quilt, I use it every day also and enjoy it so much.
Thank you one and all, each of you have added so much to my life – you have NO idea


OK, enough mush. Here are the two sets of slipper socks I just finished. They aren’t perfect but not too bad. The blue set is for my brother and the yellow for his wife.

I also finished a DW cloth. It took me a little bit to get back in the rhythm but I plan to make a few more before we leave on vacation.




Right now I am working on the first of three teddy bears for my three great nephews first birthdays. The first one knit up fast and I am sewing it together. Will post a picture in the next day or so.



Thought I'd leave you with a little Sugar -


Again, thanks for your support!


5 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

S0 good to see another post so soon. We send our love and continue to cheer for you as you get better and better. With love, Mom and Dad

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm glad to be reading your posts again. What a surprise yesterday when there it was. I've been watching and thinking about you. Wondering how you were. Glad that you are feeling better. God is so good! Blessings Nancy

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay! Glad to know the blanket is getting a workout.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger savyjade said...

Susan-
I love you so much! I am so happy for this miracle. God has his hand on you!! I can not tell you how much you mean to mom and I! I just wanted you to know that I think about you everyday.
Amanda

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you love your blanket. And it's great to see Sugar! It's been so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home