Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Back With Big News!!!

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Friday, August 24, 2007

Back With Big News!!!

I sure hope there are at least a few people out there who still check on my blog from time to time. I can't believe how long it's been since I posted! But up until just a few weeks ago, I couldn't knit, couldn't type, couldn't use my left hand/arm to do anything!

Big News #1 is knitting. I am KNITTING again. I'm really slow and can only knit about an hour at a time, nut have managed to make TWO pairs of slipper socks. I want to try the DW washclothes next and see if I can handle the slip stitch.

Big News #2 (which should probably be #1). I had my "every two months MRI" done on Monday. Saw drs yesterday - the news:


I AM CANCER-FREE!!
Two months ago, my neuro surgeon was asking me to consider another brain operation to help improve my quality of life. Well actually to make me more comfortable in the short time (18 months) he thought I had left.
Yesterday, he ccould hardly believe it. He tested my legs, my arms, my hands, my strength, my dexterity and after each test his eyes would get a little bigger and his eyebrows arch a little higher (towards the end you couldn't see his eyebrows at all). I kept saying God had healed me (because He did) and my dr finally admitted it was a miracle. So I'm giving God all the credit though I recognize the crucial roles my drs played.
Cancer-free, cancer-free - two and a half years doing the cancer tango, not one of my drs thought I would survive. Praise God! Not only will I survive, I have big plans.
At any rate, I'm still stuck in a wheelchair for the moment but don't expect that to last much longer. I am still typing with one finger so this will be short.
If you have a question or want more details, just give me a call or send me an email. CANCER-FREE!!!

15 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news, Susan. I am so happy for you!! Jo Ellyn

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Susan, that is fabulous news!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, I am so happy for you!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Great news! I do check this blog from time to time to see how you are doing. This is wonderful news!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! How sweet to be healed! I hope we get to see you soon!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger CurliSu said...

Awesome! What wonderful news for you and your loved ones!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

That is the best of news!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Hallelujah!!! This news brought tears of happiness to my eyes and down my cheeks!

This is indeed a miracle! PTL!!!!!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! a new lease on life!

Rebecca

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan, I am so happy and you give the rest of us hope for a miracle!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I'm in tears. Can't wait to see you again.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, so happy for you. Keep up looking up and a smile on yur face. yu are a lucky girl.
love, Peg

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger anna said...

Susan, I do check your blog from time to time too! I was waiting to hear the good news!!! I am so happy for you!! God is GOOD!!! We all thank HIM for your MIRACLE!!!!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, this is such great news. God is sooo good. We love you and Jim a whole lot. Love, Mom and Dad

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger CurliSu said...

This is my second comment on this blog entry--because after re-reading it, it really whacked my funnybone when I realized you ranked 'Knitting Again' above 'Cancer Free' - guess that tells all of us where your priorities lie!
Love you!
Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home