Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: Time to Post Again

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Time to Post Again


Yes, it's been almost a month since I've posted anything. All I can say is August has turned into a very hard month but it appears to be getting better. September will certainly not be as bad.

That said, let's get on to more interesting things, like KNITTING! I've been working on several things. Finished a preemie layette; hat, booties, and blanket; (which went to guild on Sunday, though I wasn't able to go)


I also finished the first of several sleep sacks. This one is going to Tennessee with me at Thanksgiving. The picture doesn't do the colors justice. These are bright rainbow colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I have changed this pattern a little. I put a placket collar on because baby heads are so big and I use a crochet tie instead of a ribbon at the bottom.

Two more DW dishCLOTHs. I am to the DW as sockknitters are to socks. I always carry one with me and can almost finish one in the time I was waiting for a dr to show up. But blogger won't let me upload the picture :-(

And BEADING: I made myself a purple glass bead bracelet. This is a close up of the focal bead and the little charms I added.



BABIES - The first of the three due between August and October has arrived. Cameron weighted in at 9 lbs, 3 oz and was 22" long. He arrived on Thursday August 24th. This is my neice Celia's baby. Well blogger has decided I've uploaded enough pictures and won't let put up Cameron. Take my word for it - he's a cutie! But I'm going to have to upsize what I was planning to make him.

MORE KNITTING. I had the pleasure of getting to spend quality knitting time with both Polly G. and Tracy T. this week. It is such fun to visit and knit! Tracy and I even went to a couple of yard sales (okay, they were two houses away from my house, not like I had to walk very far).

AND KC was on Saturday. Nice turnout, about 18 people showed up plus a brand new knitter. I got to see a "Charm Quilt" that Laura had hand pieced together (something like 400 little hexigons). I had never heard of charm quilts before, so for those of you who are as ignorant as I am about quilts, a charm quilt means there are no two fabrics alike! Those 400 or so little pieces were ALL different! It was just gorgeous and what a lot of work! I hope whoever the receipent of that quilt is, they really appreciate it!

SUGAR. She has a new little quirk. She now sleeps between my legs on her back with all four paws in the air. I swear she looks like a dead beetle, except every so often she kind of waves one of her front paws...and she SNORES!

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it sounds as though August did have a few bright spots in it, but I'll take your word that overall it wasn't so great. So good riddance August, hello September!

I love that sleep sack pattern -- would you mind sharing where you got it?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

You have been busy! And fall is definitely looking up, right?

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. Hopefully September will be a better month for all of us-as least weather wise. Sleep sack is very cute. I second the request for the pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home