Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: I Obviously Need A Better Plan

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Obviously Need A Better Plan

than thinking socks could ward off tumors. Remember a couple of weeks ago I announced I was cancer-free. Well as it turns out. I am not. Those two little tumors in my head are back. And growing. And I'm not a happy camper in the least. This is starting to get old and is making me cranky. So tomorrow we go to OU Medical Center to find out about the Gamma Knife. And not just to find out about it but to get scheduled for it as soon as possible.

And what can you knit in two hours (that's how long we sat around at Mercy this morning)?:

What a surprise! It's another one of those darned dishclothes! This one is called Newport. Here is a close up:

The YI was out on the back porch hoping for another bird to accidently slip under the porch door so she pretty much ignored my picture taking. Early this afternoon, I noticed a little sparrow frantically trying to find its way out of the screened in porch. All three cats were glued in place as they waited for it to wear out and come down to a closer level. We herded them inside and Jim opened the screen door. That little bird was out like a flash. Of course the cats were also back on the porch in a flash, trying to figure out where their entertainment had gone.

So Sugar has been out there almost every moment since. Hope springs eternal, I guess. But I do have a picture of Blue. I had laid my prayer shawl on the bed (made for me by Tracy Terrell) and Blue discovered it. She burrowed in, turned around, and fell asleep. Here she is just waking up:


Seems like the only pictures I take of her are when she's just waking up. But when she's awake she won't hold still for a picture!

I've also been working on the side to side tee shirt but don't have enough done for a good picture. And of course tomorrow I'll be carrying yet another dishcloth just because it's good, mindless knitting.

And I'm thinking maybe I just need some more handmade socks...It couldn't hurt!

8 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I am keeping you in my prayers as always! I love the cat picture.
I'll keep a watch on your blog to check your progress.

Love you Susan - sleep tight.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger kay_okc said...

I think Blueberry looks beautiful in your prayer shawl. I ditto what Terri has already posted.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Thinking about you, Susan! ((gentle hugs))

(Newport is very pretty!)

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am keeping you close to my heart, Susan. I'm so sorry. Just can't believe it. Much love is being sent your way. - Polly

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this. Maybe we do need more magic in those socks? At least your feet are warm in the interim, right?

Sending all good thoughts your way.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Ditto all of the above.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, I'm so sorry, I agree with everything everyone else has said. More positive thoughts coming your way.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, we're all pulling for you. The gamma knife is such unbelieveable technology -- I hope your procedure goes well.

I am so sorry about this unwelcome news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home