Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: An Interesting Weekend

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Sunday, May 14, 2006

An Interesting Weekend

I spent most of yesterday sorting through yarn for the guild. We have been gifted with so much! I wanted to put the thinner yarns together to make them easier to find. We have a ton of Paton's Canadiana, perfect for layettes. We also have some worsted weight for the larger hats. So it was kind of fun. I just like to organize things.

I also spent some time trying to figure out how to line my big felted tote bag. I had found a tote bag I'd made years ago (I sewed it - wow) and thought maybe I could adapt it to the felted tote. After ripping off the handles and doing some adjusting, I realize I could make it fit if I TOTALLY resewed it. Okay, that's not going to happen at this point in time. I was so disgusted I put both of them in the closet to be dealt with later!

Then today I ended up on the south side presenting a contract, then later doing some showings. I kept telling people it was Mother's Day but since I'm not a mother and we don't normally take this day off, working was okay.

Thought I'd show you the side to side tee shirt in progress. This yarn is called Santana and is a rayon, acrylic blend. I really like the way the colors change making it look striped. I'm just starting the neck shaping.

I took it out back to get a better light. I don't know if that helped or not. But here's a closer look at the color changes.

I added the reverse knit line for a little texture cause I thought just the color changes were boring. I think this is going to be very nice when finished. As it turns out, you make the back then the front, then sew the side seams. I had forgotten that.

Also, spent Friday at OU Medical Center, getting info on the Gamma Knife, which I'll tell you about in a second. But you know what you can do when you sit around waiting for drs all morning:

Does this look familar? Here's a close up of the colors:

This one is called Potpourri Ombre. I still have several balls of colors I haven't tried yet. I'm getting ready to knit and felt a little pouch JUST to carry one ball of cotton and the #8 addi circs.

Anyway, taking the items outdoors into the sun makes a difference I think. But it freaked the two little girls out. I was going out the screened porch door to take pictures and they just couldn't imagine that door opening.

Sugar is watching the cat door and Blue is sitting at the back door. They both sat there until I came in and closed the back door. Then they both went out the cat door. Cats are TOO strange.

So my big event, the Gamma Knife, is May 25th. I have to be there at 5:30 am!! The procedure takes about 6 - 8 hours of mostly waiting between each step. I saw the neuro-physicist on Friday and on Tues I meet with the radiology oncologist. These are the two people who will plan the right placement and doseage for the treatment. The one on Friday said I was an excellent candidate for this treatment and I have an 80 - 90% rate of complete removal of the tumors.

I also got to see the MRI's. The one when they thought they were mostly gone and the one from last week showing they were back. It was very interesting. They slice your head starting at the chin, then through your nose, then eyes, then the white and grey spots where the tumors are.

And the steroids have kicked in big time. Back to Olympic eating and puffy to the max. But my taste buds have come back (thank you steroids) so eating is not too bad.

Well, I'm off to work on my tee-shirt.

4 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Photographing in the sun is definitely a good idea - too bad we haven't had any in over a week . . .

Glad to hear you're an excellent candidate. Ever wonder about that phrasing, though? It's like winning the perfect attendence award or something.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is really pretty--we like the same colors--and I think the texture line is a good idea. Sometimes texture and color variation fight but not this time. looks great!
I'm glad to hear everything is set for the gamma knife and that expectations are good. We'll keep you in our prayers.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the purl rows for contrast are a great choice -- it works really nicely with the striping of the yarn.

Go Gamma Knife go! (Where you're supposed to go, of course, and nowhere else.)

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you on the 25th and sending you good vibes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home