Tracksy Web Stats A Knitter's Wonderland: And the Halters Are On...

A Knitter's Wonderland

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland) Needles click, how they glisten, cozy sound, as you listen, they’re stuck everywhere, sit down if you dare, welcome to my knitter’s wonderland. Yarn abounds to overflowing, countless books increase my knowing. I need every bit; I care not a whit if there’s no pathway through my wonderland! In an evening I can make a mitten, start a shawl, a sweater, or a hat. But the question to ask any kitten, is “Do you think she’ll really finish that?”

Monday, May 22, 2006

And the Halters Are On...

for the moment. The halters stayed on for a couple of hours this afternoon. Sugar was much more adaptable (though not happy). But she did display some unusual, even for her, behavior.


I was on the back porch, sorting yarn from the guild meeting and Sugar slept on the black plastic garbage bag. That had to be HOT!


She only moved once. And that was when I moved her to get the rest of the yarn out of the bag. I think she's going to be fine. We'll try out the leash towards the end of the week. She does walk kind of funny, like she thinks she's going to fall over but at least she's not as weird as Blue.

Blue lowcrawled next to the walls and refused to come out to the porch. I finally just picked her up and took her out with me. She wasn't amused.

She crouched next to the cat door and as soon as she saw I was back working with the yarn, she was back thru the door and up on the cat tree.

We have one of those misting systems around the screened in porch. I thought for sure the cats would enjoy it, but no. Rimsky liked it but he doesn't have to wear a halter..

Also finished another DW washcloth. I'll post the pic tomorrow. I'm too lazy to get up and take a picture. Actually I only got about five hours of sleep last night because of the steroid increase. And I am tired!

And if you didn't make it to guild you missed a good time! We had about 25 people show up. Some of the regulars were feeling under the weather due to allergies - and we still had a good turnout. Four brand new knitters, two who learned last month and had come back, plus our regular group.

If you have never come to guild, come. Our programs are very interesting, we can teach you to knit, and we have a great time.

4 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Those poor little kitty babies. lol When I got Lexi a collar and put it on her, within a few weeks she had it looking like mohair because she scratched at it so much. She finally got used to it and I bought her a new one and she hasn't scratched at it once. Maybe if you let them wear those for intervals they will get used to it. lol

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to see whether you ever get your cats used to them. If you do maybe it'll motivate me to try again with ours. Is there any chance the harnesses are too tight? Not like they're hurting them at all, but just that they might make them feel restricted in their movements, or way too aware of them? I can't really tell from the pictures.

If I'm ever in Oklahoma I will definitely come to guild meeting! It sounds like you have a great group.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I was bummed to have to miss a coupla meetings this week :( Life chooses the wrong times sometimes to make me sick.

Awesome guild turnout though, whoohoo!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'd come, if I were in OKC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home